• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

COMPLETED - Bronco Trail Cover Mass Buy - Ends June 30

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Thanks Rick, I think I was one of those extras with the break in price.
I wasn't even worried about price break at that point as I knew I missed the mass buy so KUDOS for the discount.
I got mine yesterday in the mail and it is very nice. The quality is obvious and it will make a nice addition.
Chris

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
ChrisinWV said:
Thanks Rick, I think I was one of those extras with the break in price.
I wasn't even worried about price break at that point as I knew I missed the mass buy so KUDOS for the discount.
I got mine yesterday in the mail and it is very nice. The quality is obvious and it will make a nice addition.
Chris
Yours has to be the one they tried to deliver Saturday and then delivered yesterday.

I need to set up a map of the US now for fun so I can start marking the states where I've shipped them so far.:cool:

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I received mine today. As far as I know I was last on the list to be delivered to. Both items look great. Now I just have to get my bronco done so I can try them on.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
I show that both of the above should arrive tomorrow. (Assuming this fancy Insight thing FedEx set me up with last week can be trusted)

KManuel

Loc.
Cape Cod
Fed Ex was right on the money, came this morning. Looks good, but the top is already on...so won't find out the fit till next year.

Thanks Rick, looks great

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Yep, showed up this morning. Even sick as a dog, I had to run out and install it. Now I need one of the whole truck covers for the Sport.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
evil69 said:
Yep, showed up this morning. Even sick as a dog, I had to run out and install it. Now I need one of the whole truck covers for the Sport.
I think those will follow the current project I'm working on. Probably another week or two to get the rest of the details worked out so I'm in a position to reveal it.

mike.l

Loc.
Milwaukee,WI
Full cover

Rick,

When will you be making full covers?
I'd like one for my roadster which doesn't have a soft top.
I'd like it to have a sleeve for the mirror and windshield.

thanks,Mike

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
mike.l said:
Rick,

When will you be making full covers?
I'd like one for my roadster which doesn't have a soft top.
I'd like it to have a sleeve for the mirror and windshield.

thanks,Mike
Once I get the soft tops done I'll decide where to go next. I'm getting a lot of requests for doors to match the tops so I'm not certain what the next project will be yet. The projects on my list currently are:

Soft Tops (Currently working on the prototype)
Full Covers
Soft Doors
Large Tire Covers
Roll Bar Pad Covers

These are all items I plan to develop and sell. I'm just not sure which order they will be released yet.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Consumer Report on Rick's Trail Covers:

We traveled over 12 hours each way to Tellico last weekend with 4 rigs on a wedge trailer behind a Volvo tractor..quite a bit of it in the rain. Three of the four rigs had Rick's covers on them. (I'll get ya some pics of that Rick..looks pretty cool..;) ). Anywho, only mine had any problems and they were problems I guess I should have anticipated..the front straps on my door flaps chaffed where they wrapped around my skis before being attached to my radius arms and one of the straps frayed completely through. So..the covers trailer GREAT..but make sure you put something between the front straps and the edge of anything hard that they wrap around. The moderate flapping motion of the front door edges will fray them clean through otherwise.

Sure was awfully nice to arrive with a dry (inside) rig after hauling in the rain each way..;D

rellimgneb

Loc.
Reno, Nv
Rick are you planning on making full soft doors, or doors to fit inserts? You don't really see many full doors anywhere.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
bmc69 said:
Consumer Report on Rick's Trail Covers:

We traveled over 12 hours each way to Tellico last weekend with 4 rigs on a wedge trailer behind a Volvo tractor..quite a bit of it in the rain. Three of the four rigs had Rick's covers on them. (I'll get ya some pics of that Rick..looks pretty cool..;) ). Anywho, only mine had any problems and they were problems I guess I should have anticipated..the front straps on my door flaps chaffed where they wrapped around my skis before being attached to my radius arms and one of the straps frayed completely through. So..the covers trailer GREAT..but make sure you put something between the front straps and the edge of anything hard that they wrap around. The moderate flapping motion of the front door edges will fray them clean through otherwise.

Sure was awfully nice to arrive with a dry (inside) rig after hauling in the rain each way..;D
Pics would be great. If you can get one of the problem area that would be good as well. I'll look at it and see if there is either a change I can make or advise I can pass on to keep it from happening to others.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
rellimgneb said:
Rick are you planning on making full soft doors, or doors to fit inserts? You don't really see many full doors anywhere.
I do plan to do a set of doors to fit inserts similar to the ones I have on mine now. I don't know if there is a big enough market for a door without the inserts though.

Attachments

• TopChop.jpg
    TopChop.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 21

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
SaddleUp said:
Pics would be great. If you can get one of the problem area that would be good as well. I'll look at it and see if there is either a change I can make or advise I can pass on to keep it from happening to others.

The strap itself is what chaffed through, Rick..so since you would have no way of controlling or even knowing exactly where along the length of the strap that it might be wrapped around the edge of something hard, it's really incumbent on the 'end user' to deal with it. I'm just going to wrap some 'sacrifical' canvas around the strap where it passes over my skis and it will be fine..after I get the strap repaired/replaced by local boat canvas shop. I'll get those pics (still waiting for the guy in our group that took 'em to email them to me) and also I'll take one showing where I made the boo boo..

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A pic of Rick's covers...all in a row;D
trail-covers-2.jpg

That's Drew's rig towing four of our trail rigs...as we were leaving Crawford's after Fawl Crawl

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
bmc69 said:
A pic of Rick's covers...all in a row;D
trail-covers-2.jpg

That's Drew's rig towing four of our trail rigs...as we were leaving Crawford's after Fawl Crawl
That is pretty awesome. Can I add that one to the flyers?