• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

COMPLETED - Bronco Trail Cover Mass Buy - Ends June 30

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
bronco italiano said:
I have yet to see my cover in the mail. When are you going to deliver? Don Vieira (Stockton, CA)
About half of those remaining are going out tomorrow. The rest should go out later in the week.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
cactushorse said:
Any news on the remaining covers to be shipped?
There are only a few left and all of them are on the way out the door. If anyone on the Mass Buy doesn't either have their cover or have a tracking number from FedEx some time Monday they should contact me so I can check into it.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
IT'S HERE!!! Thanks Rick!

really like the storage bag and the logo's!

Attachments

• DSCN0823.JPG
    DSCN0823.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 35
  • DSCN0824.JPG
    DSCN0824.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
73stallion said:
IT'S HERE!!! Thanks Rick!

really like the storage bag and the logo's!
If you want a little better fit put the front on first. That way you can pull it as far down as possible (It looks like you can come down another inch or so before you hit the brackets). Then tighten the front 2 straps. After this go ahead and put the rear 2 straps on. Then put the middle ones on last. You might be able to fold the mirrors in (That's what I do) and then go in front of your lights to get a better fit also. I think there is enough extra in the front to keep it from pulling against the lights too much but you would need to try it first to see. If you do then fit the front edge right along the corner and tighten it down there.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
SaddleUp said:
If you want a little better fit put the front on first. That way you can pull it as far down as possible (It looks like you can come down another inch or so before you hit the brackets). Then tighten the front 2 straps. After this go ahead and put the rear 2 straps on. Then put the middle ones on last. You might be able to fold the mirrors in (That's what I do) and then go in front of your lights to get a better fit also. I think there is enough extra in the front to keep it from pulling against the lights too much but you would need to try it first to see. If you do then fit the front edge right along the corner and tighten it down there.
thanks, i'll try that next time. i'm pretty happy with the fit, i just wish i didn't have that damned antenna mount on the side of my truck...:cry:

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
73stallion said:
thanks, i'll try that next time. i'm pretty happy with the fit, i just wish i didn't have that damned antenna mount on the side of my truck...:cry:
If it will go in front of the lights it will help with that side mount some because it will keep it from coming down as far in back. It's still going to hold it up some there but it will probably help.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Well, I just got back from trailering my rig 350 miles (700 total) to Northern Wisconsin for the Midwest 40th celebration.
Of course I left with my trail top on.
We had intermittant showers the whole way and some strong down pours. I reach 70mph a couple times but stayed mostly at 65.
And the trail top stayed on great!!
Next time I'll run a bungy across the top to prevent the "balloon" effect.
But I gave it a strong test and I am impressed.
And thank's BroncoCovers.com for being a sponsor of the event!!

wilson

I put it on at the motel at Georgetown Co as the snow started on the way to Moab the 22nd. Kinda put on in a hurry cause of the blizzard;D

Attachments

• pic092306_4.jpg
    pic092306_4.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
SaddleUp said:
There are only a few left and all of them are on the way out the door. If anyone on the Mass Buy doesn't either have their cover or have a tracking number from FedEx some time Monday they should contact me so I can check into it.
Give this until tomorrow morning some time. When I dropped them off today the truck had already picked everything up for the day.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
tasker said:
I'm in if you do another mass buy.
I'm not planning another Mass Buy on the covers right away. I do have a few left over from the Mass Buy (And SOB) though that I will sell at a discount for anyone interested here.

I have 2 Charcoal Standard/Half cab style covers. These were ordered as such and then later changed to the Family style.

I also have 1 new Burgundy Family style cover that I took out to SOB.

The above 3 I will sell for $125. (This is the only place I am offering this right now, it does include shipping in the lower 48 states)

I also have one Burgundy Family style cover that I used on mine as a display cover. It's a little dusty on the inside and I pinned the rear lower corner of one of the door panels against a screw with my jack doing a repair and it put a pin hole through it there. It is small enough that it will not effect the function at all but is no longer in "New" condition. I will sell that one for the same price as the Mass buy was. ($114.95 including shipping)

Send me a PM or email if your interested in the ones listed above.

For everyone that participated in this Mass Buy I want to say Thanks for your support and also for your patience. It has definately been a learning experience for me.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Rick,
How many did you make for the mass buy? I bet you're real tired of sewing.

OP
OP
SaddleUp

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
SACHEM said:
Rick,
How many did you make for the mass buy? I bet you're real tired of sewing.
The Mass Buy itself ended up 50 plus a few. The plus a few were ones that came in late and I gave a price break on anyway. Altogether I've made about 100 of them so far. Again plus or minus a few. 4 of them I gave away. One to the giveaway here, One for SOB X, One for OCBR, and the original prototype I gave to my brother. I donated a white trail top to to the Midwest event held last weekend. Not sure who got the Midwest one but another member here won the one at OCBR and sent me a PM.

The sewing isn't bad. I can do them in groups of 10 or so which breaks it up enough that it isn't too monotaneous. (not sure if that's spelled right) The entire famiy gets involved too which helps.

At any rate. Now that the Mass Buy for the covers is completed I have several more products I will be focusing on over the next few months. First is the Trail Tops which I'm going to get added to my website today and will be doing a Mass Buy on.

Following the trail tops I have these on my list that I am considering. (Not necessarily in order)

Trail Covers for Toyots LandCruisers (I've had a lot of requests for these)
Full Covers for the Early Bronco (A number of requests but unsure of actual market size and the cost will be a big factor)
Soft Top
Large Tire Covers
Roll Bar Padding Covers
Big Bronco Covers (Both trail and full)
Scout Trail Covers. (No one has requested these yet but the market is there I think)
Removeable soft window frames

texashcane

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Argyle, TX
I got both of mine just in time for OCBR. I put them on every night and every morning, I fielded questions about them. I think the interest will increase as everyone was impresssed. It was one of the more popular items on the raffle table at OCBR. If I had more broncos, I'd buy another in a heartbeat!

Stephen