• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

COMPLETED - StonCrusher Mass Buy is on! - Ends Feb 28

OP
OP

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
msp said:
Hi guys, can I still get in on the Mass Buy or is it too late? I have a few questions about what is needed.

Yep, The buy is still on however ends next Monday so hurry up. Email Anthony with your setup and he will answer any questions you may have.

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
msp said:
Hi guys, can I still get in on the Mass Buy or is it too late? I have a few questions about what is needed.

Still a few days left on the mass buy. Email or call Anthony and he will answer all your questions. ;D

NYLES

Bronco Guru
There all paid up, drilled thrilled and nothing else rymes! Anybody want to buy a drill bit? Only drilled 2 holes and has lifetime warranty?

HMMM........ now I wait for the big brown truck!!!!

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Yaaahoooo!!! I just ordered my full width tie rod, drag link and trac bar. ;D ;D

JKrieg70

Loc.
Columbus, GA
I am 3/4 the way through my installation and have only run into one problem. My drill and bit are so big that I cant get it in there to drill out the track bar holes. I just used a regular 3/4" bit from Lowes ($20), worked just fine. I got the pitman arm drilled out by a machine shop. Supposedly it is a harder metal and tough to drill. Any of you guys have any ideas for the track bar mount? Great looking setup, Cant wait to bounce some rocks off it. ;D

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Dont know the brand but got it at ACE for $32 it was in a yellow and red package. They had 2 but the one in a red package said wood metal the yellow and red said HIGH SPeed metal.

I didnt do the track bar I have a brand new superlift, Im thinking about that and the track bar would be hard to get at and I dont even have the motor in or a body on it.

Maybe pull the tire and go in from the back? And to get at that you may have to pull your gearbox outa the way. Probalby hit the spring huh?

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
thumping said:
I would just like to again say "thank you" to all of you for the great comments and support you have shown us. Hopefully some day I will have a shop that can support a complete line of Bronco products. One step at a time I suppose.
On a side note, could you guys post some pics of your steering installed? I would love to put them on the web site.

Again, thank you.
Anthony Terry.

Here is my full width steering installed. Don't have it adjusted or torqed down yet because need some weight on the frame first. Took 20 mins to drill holes and bolt it up super simple ;D

Attachments

• MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 42
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 36
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 38

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Tgure

Yours and mine look like twins I dropped my motor in there today! But I dont have FW or as much lift.

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn
We have had a few questions brought up and I thought I would answer them here so everyone gets the information.
Question #1 Track Bar axle mounting stud hitting tierod with knuckle over. In each installation kit there are 3 right hand jam nuts. One of those nuts is to replace the castle nut so the stud can be trimmed for clearance.
Question #2 Having a hard time drilling out the track bar bracket hole for the 3/4" bolt. No room for drill and bit. A die grinder and bur can be used to open the hole up. A right angle drill works best.
If anyone has any other issues, please bring them up and I'll do my best to help you out.

Thank you, Anthony Terry.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
thumping said:
Question #1 Track Bar axle mounting stud hitting tierod with knuckle over. In each installation kit there are 3 right hand jam nuts. One of those nuts is to replace the castle nut so the stud can be trimmed for clearance.
That worked. The thinner jamb nut allows for enough stud to be removed that it clears.

Thanks Anthony! ;D

69Sport

Loc.
ST. Louis
Thanks Anthony

Just sent my payment in for the mass buy on the stonecrusher set up and trac bar, just under the wire. I wanted to thank Anthony for his service, I asked several questions about the set up and he answered all of them quickly. I can't wait for the big brown truck to bring the set up to my door. Thanks again. 69sport

bergner76

I made the decision to go ahead with the SC w/ Tracbar- an easy one after talking to Anthony. Thanks to all those who were involved in making this happen. Bergner76

Dalt72

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Does $25 sound reasonable to have a machine shop drill my pitman arm to 3/4".

Also, is anybody putting grease, lubricant or anything on the heim joints or just running them like they come?

Dalt72

OP
OP

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Dalt72 said:

Also, is anybody putting grease, lubricant or anything on the heim joints or just running them like they come?

Dalt72

25 does sound a bit high. I used a 3/4 bit from Lowes and drill the pitman and Knuckles in about 15 minutes. Use cutting oil so you dont burn up the drill bit and your good to go.

I didnt use any lubricant on the Heim joints.

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
Dalt72 said:

Dalt72

I got a $15 HSS bit from Home Depot and drilled the knuckles, trackbar mount and pitman arm still installed on Bronco using a bit of gear oil and it went thru like butter. But $25 is reasonable anything less wouln't even be worth there time to swap out drill bits ;D

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Dalt72, are you drilling the knuckles yourself? If so then I would just do the pitman arm yourself too. Someone earlier mentioned the pitman is harder steel. If that's the case I didn't notice it drilling mine. If you have a drill press the pitman will be even easier than the knuckles because you can get a much better angle on it.

Dalt72

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
I did the steering knuckles yesterday. It took about 5 min on each side. I thought it was fairly easy. Although I did about lose my arm a few times. I had just heard the pitman arm was pretty hard stuff and thought I would have someone do it with a press. but what the heck I will try and see what happens.

Dalt72

Dalt72

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Admin,

You were absolutly correct. The pitman arm was no harder than the knuckles. I actually thought it was easier. I just sat it on the ground stood on one end and started drilling. Used a little gear oil and whamo next thing I knew I was drilling a hole in my driveway. Cleaned it up with my Dremel and saved $25 dollars. Thanks for the advice. I don't know why I thought I needed to have it done at a machine shop.

Dalt72