• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Compliment from a Ricer Kid

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
Took the old girl out for a drive last night over to see a buddy and test out my rebuild on the transfercase. I guess I did something right because it doesn't seem to want to pop out of 2 high anymore!

Anyhow, I'm sitting at the light waiting to turn left up the hill home and a kid in a fart pipe rice burner pulls up next to me. I can hear them talking about my truck through the open window. I lean ahead to see who it is and it's a young man and his buddy in some kind of a Toyota. He says "Nice Bronco!" My first thought was I'm impressed the kid can read and didn't call it a Jeep. I lean back over and graciously say, "Thanks Bud!" He says "What year is that, 197....?" I was even more impressed that he had the right decade!

I guess a CB is something to be appreciated by everyone, not just those of us blessed enough to own one. ;D

Greg

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
that's pretty cool, I bet it doesn't happen again though;D

Rockin69er

I had a similar thing happen 3 days ago. Driving home from Home Depot with 8' 2x4's sticking out the passenger window when 2 ricers came zipping thru traffic and as they passed they slowed down and gave me a thumbs up. I waved and after driving along side for a few hundred yards, off they went. I am not usually inpressed by anything ricers do but maybe there is hope for those two.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Occasionally you'll find a ricer who appreciates a classic... I worked with one who was also really into 60s Mustangs once upon a time.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
The Asian chicks in my neighborhood totally dig the wife's Pink Bronco ;D ;D ;D

...and Josh totally digs the Asian chicks in his neighborhood who totally dig the wife's Pink Bronco;D

It's the circle of life!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I hope my DD doesn't label me a ricer. No fart can but it is lowered with a body kit and WAI.

I call it my poor man's IS350.

Attachments

• DSCF2645x.jpg
    DSCF2645x.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 72

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Geek! When i come out there it better be a ride in the Bronco and not that to go to Auto Palace! Big Tree and drinks on me!

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
my theory is that any person that is into any vehicle, whether it's a classic or racer, they appreciate the work needed to keep it running. i get compliments from those in hondas, toyotas and nissans. i then get pooh-face looks from chevy and jeep drivers...lol:cool:

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Last weekend I was going down the street and ended up next to a new Rubicon at a stoplight (I was in the turning lane and he was going straight). He imediatly rolled the window down and told me what a nice Bronco I have, then informed me he was in the process of trading the Rubicon for a built 79 Bronco. He was telling me how he really wanted an EB when the light changed and I had to go.
I have a 2001 Mustang GT that I have turned up and added quite a bit to. It has a very loud Exhaust, side skirts, chin spoiler, shaker hood scoop, and rear window slats. I get some thumbs up and offers to race, but I get WAY more attention in the Bronco. I'm sure the red catches eyes more easily, but more people seam to like the Bronco. I never would have guessed it. I get thumbs up from young kids (7-8 yr old once) to people in their retirement. Everyone seems to love them except the jeep crowd (and they love it when I show up to rescue them!).

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Geek! When i come out there it better be a ride in the Bronco and not that to go to Auto Palace! Big Tree and drinks on me!

No problemo! Finishing up a bit of body work now, should be rolling again Friday.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
no rice!!!! just barley and hops! what are you doing now Tom? Air intake? Dash lights? Muffler tips?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
What do you do about all the jeep guys that wave to you? There are a lot of those sum bitches on the road. I have only had one guy try me at a light. he made a right before we got to the next light.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Yes there was a look on the rice burners face with my situation ...Back last November just before i left to go Hunting in NM ....my BRONCO was backfiring bad at time well I'm on the only 2 lane in our town I'm Up too speed but let off I'M fighting traffic .....All Of a sudden my Bronco Backfires BIG TIME -K-BOOM ....I swang my head to the exhaust side and see this kid, in a ricer,covered in the blast of smog ..brown ..floul smelling air...gas...Let me tell you it was priceless ...I don't know that I every laughed as hard...It Was Priceless.......