• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Compliment from a Ricer Kid

Heus33

Bronco Guru
no rice!!!! just barley and hops! what are you doing now Tom? Air intake? Dash lights? Muffler tips?

Stay tuned. Super top secret stuff going on in my garage... %) Just topped off the coolant - ohhhh yeah!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
on board still? you make wiskey while you drive?

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Hehe - this is my DD, not a ricer.

Contour SVT.JPG
I get compliments on my beater truck, but I'm sure I'll get them in the Bronco.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I do get the thumbs up now & then, from all sort of drivers, and it's a nice feeling. The wife though, when she drives it, gets TONS of attention. Once she was followed into the AJ's (gourmet grocery store) parking lot by a guy in a "nice" Benz that not only tried to pick her up but to buy the Bronco as well. When I asked what he had offered she said "a trip to Cancun". I said "not for you, for the Bronco?!"

nik

Loc.
Corcoran, CA
I think it's cool when I'm at the gas station (way too often...lead foot) and guys around my age (18) or much older come up and compliment on my "nice bronco" (It has a rattle can paint job flat OD green with greasy hand marks all over it) I kind of get a kick out of it. I think they just appreciate us keeping old iron on the road and the Bronco seems to be a crowd favorite. I don't know how many times guys drive by my house and ask if my Bronco is for sale.... maybe I should drive it more often;D

OP
OP
grs44310

grs44310

Loc.
Akron, Ohio
My 6 year old nephew was over this weekend and he always wants to see Uncle G's truck. So I told him yesterday if you wait till after dinner I'll take you for a ride. His eyes lit up like and was grinning from ear to ear. As we were riding to the gas station he says "I like this old truck, maybe I'll get one like it when I get big." How priceless is that? I was so proud it brought a tear to my eye.;D

Greg

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Same for me this weekend. My 10 year old niece is dwon from Maine, sees me pull in the driveway with the Bronco, just about thought it was the coolest thing she's ever seen. Coming from a doll toting kid too! She just had to sit behind the wheel for some pics yelling "mom, come see this!!"

lasadoor

Loc.
San Diego
i pulled up to a light the other day and this little kid in an FJ Cruiser was just staring at the old girl. its great seeing the youngens get excited about this stuff. on a more somber note my friend heard some jack@$$ call my Bronco a scout. my friend has spent enough time helping me fix things he was as offend as me.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
i pulled up to a light the other day and this little kid in an FJ Cruiser was just staring at the old girl. its great seeing the youngens get excited about this stuff. on a more somber note my friend heard some jack@$$ call my Bronco a scout. my friend has spent enough time helping me fix things he was as offend as me.

i know the feeling. there's nothing worse then your EB getting called a Jeep. Sometimes my students tell me, "Mr. Ramos, I saw you driving in your Jeep the other day." to which I respond 'Don't you dare call it a Jeep.' Then I have to go into the whole explanation as to why it's not a jeep.;D

DZap

Loc.
Houston, TX
Occasionally you'll find a ricer who appreciates a classic...

Ha........I've got you all fooled.........
;D I'm actually a classic ricer with a Bronco.......:p

My babies are: '67.5 and a '68 Datsun 1600 roadsters(SPL-311), the '67.5 is all stock,
the '68 has a mildly built SR20DET waiting for it when it comes out of the body shop!!

I just love all classics........modern vehicles have no soul.:mad: