• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Concept Bronco for 2015 Production

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I think the 2004 Concept Bronco pics in both articles were just used for effect. If it's based on F150 platform it will likely be a new full size Bronco, which ain't exactly a bad thing. Although I would rather see it sized more like an EB. This would compete with the Wrangler better. Timing is good if you look at what Fiat has in mind for the 2016 Wrangler - IFS, full hard top version, etc. if Fiat waters down the Wrangler more people will jump on a new Bronco. Hope it happens. A Raptor version would be awesome!

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yes I agree! A raptor version would be the best way to go. Now that would be a Bronco!!

House

Minutia Militia
Since we are dreaming, instead of a Raptor, make that a Stroppe edition then!
And a little turbo diesel option for the economy minders... ;D

hotrodtim68

Contributor
2015 bronco

My vote is for that classic early bronco look; complimented with all new tecnology and power trains ; Gas / turbo; with a diesel option.;D;DGOOD BYE ICON !!$$$$$!!!.

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
"The first generation of this compact SUV has actually entered into manufacturing in 1966., and shared a platform with the Ford Falcon and Mustang." I don't think so. Neither of those had full frames. They were both unibody construction. So the only thing they shared was the engine and door handles.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
We will see. Toyota is actually dropping the FJ Cruiser from its line up in 2015 so 2014 is the last production year for it. limited production run and low sales due to fuel economy forced the decision.

It would be nice to see with maybe a diesel option in the line up but I will stick with my 67 build.

Just re-read the first press release linked and the English is awful. Bet there is no truth to this one either.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Maybe a new Bronco will be based on this new F150 concept. An all-aluminum Bronco? Might be cool! ;D

2D10932371-131227-ford-atlas-concept-5p.blocks_desktop_small.jpg

Okie69

Contributor
I was wondering when someone would bring this up. I didn't want to because it seems to be rumored every year, but here's to hoping! For what it's worth I've seen it on multiple car blogs across the net, maybe there is some truth to it. I for one will be Mt. Vesuvius levels of mad if it does happen and it's a full size!

Last edited:

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
IIRC, the 4.5l diesel is the 6 cyl version of the 6.0l PSD, but had the twin sequential turbo charger of the 6.4l.................and I thought they discontinued them a couple of years ago.

4 door Bronco? 2015 and not 2016......?? It's a toss up for me on the excitement level.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
build a real representation and it will sell! (at least one to me anyway!)

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
When I travel overseas I see various models of ford vehicles over there with small diesel engines in them that are not available over here....the ford ranger pickup comes to mind as one I have frequently seen as well as some cars....not sure which engine they put in those or if it is even a ford engine, but I know it comes standard offer from the ford dealers over there

BucknEB

Loc.
Johns Island, SC
Sounds like... Cough Bull$hit Cough

I had my hopes up back in 2004, now Ford is just playing with my emotions.%)

I'll maintain my "I gotta see it (in a showromm) to believe it" stance.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The only way it will make it in sales is if they really stick to the original body lines, and make it so it can compete with the Rubicon, if not it will go the way of new FJ Cruiser, which is on its last year form what I have read.