• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Concept Bronco for 2015 Production

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Yep - and that bodystyle used the drivetrain from a Ford Ecosport. (Think Fiesta SUV)

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
The only way it will make it in sales is if they really stick to the original body lines, and make it so it can compete with the Rubicon, if not it will go the way of new FJ Cruiser, which is on its last year form what I have read.

Yea, what they DON'T need to do is build another FJ or H3 style rig. They look bloated and really plastic toy like and neither top comes off. The big reason the Jeep has been so sucessful is that it's easy to modify. I have a '13 Rubicon that I was able to order with dual tops, locking axles, a six speed manual trans with 4.11 gears and there are thousands of bolt on parts available to modify it any way I'd like. Can't do that with a Hummer or FJ, just sayin'. Even some of the rice burners have capitalized on making their cars easy to modify, it creates a following and adds a sense of the unique to ownership. I'm fine with using existing power plants, frames, etc.. just make it easy to adapt, lift, etc... A diesel would be cool though and an aluminium body with bolt on panels would be even better.

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
A raptor version would be awesome but ....expensive I don't have 65k for one

I can't see any version for less than 50k (I'll have to wait 10 years to buy one)

But after Ford ruined the Escape and just looking at the Edge and Explorer (which I like them both, but let's face it not a real 4x4) I have lost any confidence that they could or should I say would build a real 4x4 that can compete with a wrangler

But after seeing the new new Jeep Grand Cherokee I say Jeep is doomed if that design team gets there hands on the wrangler as well... I'm not following what's up and coming in Jeeps line up, I just saw that Cherokee and was speechless (not in a good way)

hucklburry rev2

The only way to do it is a solid front axle. What else beside a jeep is offered with one in a small vehicle package now a days?

I can forgive or get over body lines, top really needs to be removable, but give me a solid front axle shorter wheel base non-F350 rig to work with.

I can realistically see me buying my son a jeep when he is old enough to drive as there is nothing else out there newer to choose from, and I don't need an EB to drive and ruin in the salt. He may get an F-150 or Ranger, depends on him, but that Jeep is an option since nothing newer can do what it can, and he aint borrowing my EB to go wheelin until he is at least 30.

OP
OP
eaglenest66

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A raptor version would be awesome but ....expensive I don't have 65k for one

I can't see any version for less than 50k (I'll have to wait 10 years to buy one)

But after Ford ruined the Escape and just looking at the Edge and Explorer (which I like them both, but let's face it not a real 4x4) I have lost any confidence that they could or should I say would build a real 4x4 that can compete with a wrangler

But after seeing the new new Jeep Grand Cherokee I say Jeep is doomed if that design team gets there hands on the wrangler as well... I'm not following what's up and coming in Jeeps line up, I just saw that Cherokee and was speechless (not in a good way)

Seeing the promo commercials a few months ago made me say "WTF" is that! Well yesterday my 16 year old daughter and I were out running errands and saw our first one in person. We threw up!! How can they go from designing great looking CJ sisters to that? Obviously different teams! Now the GC just disappears in looks with all the other hybrid suvs. Boring and yuk!

BRONCOBERT

ku-xlarge.gif

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
This is the second time from two different sources this week I have seen this. So is Ford actually going to make it come true??

http://carstosee.com/2015-ford-bronco-release-date-concept/

The other link: http://gearheads.org/the-2015-ford-bronco/

I have never seen such bad editing.
I mean, who the hell wrote that article?
Facts are wrong, the use of the English language wreaks of someone who is not a regular speaker of our tongue.
I wish this were true.....I am going to be looking into a new vehicle soon....this would be sooo amazingly perfect timing wise.
But alas....sounds like more "new eb bs".....

Last edited:

Tulsa76bronco

I would buy it in a heartbeat would be great timing. Wondering if we ever have any Ford execs on this site or anyone who has some inside scoop to verify this. I gotta believe there are some guys at Ford who actually like and own an EB and want to see it back

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I want one. Talked with a Ford Exec two years ago, there is "no market" for the Bronco. BS, EVERYTIME I take one out I get thumbs up, waves and more stories than I can count about the ones they or friends have owned. I hope Ford builds it right and with at least a partially removable top.

The FJ looks bad, has horrible blind spots, wierd interior, harder to customize and lacks Toyota quality.

There may be another meeting where Ford Execs attend in Jan/Feb, hoping for good news!

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Dusty

Bronco Guru
It sounds to me like it may be rooted in a grain of truth. Somebody somewhere may have heard someone from Ford talking about a 2015 Bronco. Then they started mixing in photos and details from the '04 concept Bronco just to flesh out their story, since there's nothing else to go on at this point. Or it could be a "trial balloon" leaked/floated by Ford to see what the reaction would be, as part of their market research. But if that were the case you'd think they would leak it to more legitimate sources than those we've seen. Or it could all be one more round of bullshit regarding the fabled, never-to-happen, new Bronco.

If it DOES happen, it will be just about the time I was going to trade in my Fusion anyhow :)

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I would buy it in a heartbeat would be great timing. Wondering if we ever have any Ford execs on this site or anyone who has some inside scoop to verify this. I gotta believe there are some guys at Ford who actually like and own an EB and want to see it back

There are some people close to Ford on the site but if they know something, I doubt they will say anything util it becomes "official". I just don't see it happening, if it was going to be a 2015 roll out would it not have made the auto shows this go around?

N747JB

I'm pretty colse to Ford, our family has owned a dealership since 1968 and I have been the dealer since 1997.;) I have heard NOTHING on a new Bronco other than seeing a couple websites showing 2004 auto show pictures. I would not get my hopes up about a new Bronco yet, I do hope they build it, but it is a niche market and I don't know if Ford would pull the trigger on it. I'd love to see it in production, but I think it's mostly rumor at this point. ;D
I will make a couple calls next week and see if anyone chooses not to deny it strongly. ;)

There are some people close to Ford on the site but if they know something, I doubt they will say anything util it becomes "official". I just don't see it happening, if it was going to be a 2015 roll out would it not have made the auto shows this go around?

baldy boy

Loc.
Syracuse
2015 Ford Bronco??

Is ford planning to reintroduce the classic bronco or is it just a rumor? I googled 2015 ford bronco this morning and the pictures look awesome.