• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Considering having my 9-inch rebuilt, whats a fair price to pay?

9-inch

I'm thinking about having my rear axle rebuilt. Due to time restraints, I probably won't take a crack at this one. I'm thinking of taking my truck to a shop in Denver to have the work done. Its a 77 9-inch with a 3.50 limited slip rear. I'll most likely go the same set up since it works pretty well on the daily driver with 30 inch tires. What is an average price to pay to get my rear axle rebuilt? Any shop recommendations around Denver?

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
With 30" tires on it I doubt there's any reason to rebuild it. I would guess 5-700$ to rebuild if you took it in.

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
are your gears worn?bad bearings?$140-gears,about $100 for setup kit,the labor price i got here in ga was $150.i think if you buy the parts separate,you come out better.i just had two done last week.hes still got my dana44($250 labor).just make sure you need the stuff before spending the money.

Scotty

Assuming that the rebuild is necessary, there are two specialty shops I know of in the the Denver area. The first is Wild West Off Road & Automotive, talk to Eric Wenger (used to own Eric's Bronco Corral). He knows the Bronco inside and out. The other guys there know only heeps.

Another option is High Country Performance 4x4. They do good work, but boy do you pay for it. Several years ago, I had them do an estimate for a 302 EFI swap with C4 tranny and they came back with a $25,000 invoice for a job they'd just done; they weren't kidding either. TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!

Both shops are in the vicinity of Santa Fe and Hampden (Hwy 285) in Englewood.

There's also the Bronco Hut in Franktown, but I've never done business with them.

icecream man

Loc.
Colorado
Taked with High Country Performance 4x4 about a few mods I wanted to get their input and an estimate. Guy at the counter says "I only know what works on Jeeps". Me and my money walked right then and there.

Sorry to hijack the thread.