• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

console for half cab

down south

Loc.
warm springs
Can someone recommend a console for my half cab with a three speed on the floor. I don't want to order one and find out it is too long and interfers with my in floor shifters. Thanks

bluebronco69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Damascas, OR
i have heard that 90s ford explorer consoles are decent, i have yet to look at one in the JY yet, but i might be going with that set up.

BroncoDawg

Loc.
Bishop, CA
Can't remember who, but some outfit is making cheaper versions of the Tuffy console that will fit nicely. Not sure if you are looking for console that runs all the way up to the dash or......?

BroncoBrandon

I have the same set up. Half cab with the 3 speed manual. The 8" wide modle works great and doesnt interfer with the shifters at all and it doesnt touch the bulk head at all.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/i-19780-tuffy-security-console-black-8-wide.html

Max-bilt is the other company that builds a decent center console. they are about the same price but one comes with an option for switches and they have built in cup holders. but i am not sure if it will interfer with the shifters.

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-892

munster

Loc.
Butler
Brandon, do you have any pics of your console? Curious to see how much clearance there is around the shifter...

KennyB

Loc.
Simi Valley
I just saw a 1/2 Cab, with a Ranger 40/60 bench Seat. the Arm Rest has a Small Console. the "60" seat will fit a 3rd person (or one FAT Chick) I saw a few Seats in GREAT Condition on eBay for under $300 (also, Search Mazda) .......... Think, Brand New Seat, for a couple Hundred more than the Console itself.

lil red

Loc.
San Antonio, TX

BroncoBrandon

Hey i have some pictures of the Tuffy box in my Bronco. Sorry that it took so long for me to get the pictures posted.
Please excuse my mess. I am in the process of stripping it down for a bed liner, paint and i am going to re-wire the entire Bronco.

IMG_20110212_170944.jpg

IMG_20110212_171016.jpg

IMG_20110212_171024.jpg

munster

Loc.
Butler
Thanks a lot for getting the pics up. That looks like it fits pretty clean. I wasn't sure how tight they were, by the numbers it looked like it was going to be tighter than that to the shifter.

Thanks again!

BroncoBrandon

It fits really well. It is teh Tuffy 8"wide box, the seats are from a 2004 dodge 2500 and leave about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch between the seats and the console. I have also had beards and PRP buckets fit with out a problem.

also as a note. I am not using a stock shifter. The previouse owner heated it up and bent a little bit to allow some additional room so that he did ont bash his knee. He is a rather large man compared to me, I am 5'9 200. but I have plenty of room.

oh and one other thing. the one thing that i do have a problem with is that if you have a cup larger than 32oz some times the shifter ball will hit the lid cup.