• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coolant reservoir location?

JoseyWales

Loc.
Chattanooga, TN
Hi all. I have a heavy duty copper core radiator from BC Broncos. I want to install a coolant overflow reservoir. Some questions...

1. Does the height of the reservoir matter relative to the radiator cap?
2. How far can I run the hose to the reservoir? Was thinking about putting it in the back driver's corner behind the master cylinder.

Thanks,
Greg

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
The height shouldn't matter since it works off the differential pressure between the inside and outside of the radiator. If you keep the reservoir level lower than the cap and have to remove the radiator cap the reservoir won't drain out. Hose length won't matter either as long as it is leak-free.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Be careful when selecting one from the junk yard, most seem to be hard to get to fit anywhere there is room. I finally broke down and bought one made for a bronco that sits on the fender. Got it off ebay for $20 bucks or less I think.;)