• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Could this be the holy grail?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I see, didn't realize any came with black. How does one tell from the info/pics given that it didn't come from Tom's last week?

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
You cant^^^^
A lot of the base models came with black floor covering.

X2, most of the earlier base models had the black front section mat. The parchment full length was available beginning in '67, but was introduced to the Sports.

Last edited:

House

Minutia Militia
Is there any documentation proving the 28k miles? I have/have had/have seen quite a few true all original rigs in much better shape than this one with over 128k and even 228k miles...

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Will be interesting to see where it goes considering some recent threads where the value of relatively unmolested stockers was being discussed. However, even if the Buy It Now price is made, it will sell for far less than many other modified Broncos out there.

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I think the mileage could possibly be legit, mainly because the dash and gauge cluster look like new, plus check out that Whitco top, that's one of the nicest ones I've seen! I think the mat was pulled and the floors and kicks were painted (clutch rod and rubber boot painted body color, drift all over the T shifter cover). Also, the body was painted at some point. Ford didn't paint the grill and headlight rings body color, they would have been Wimbledon White. Plus all the stainless screws in the inserts are painted body color. I agree the seats have been redone. Not to mention the windshield latch and hold down have both been painted. Never the less it's probably the nicest '68 U13 around.
I think I might buy a Marti for the hell of it, mainly to see if there is any mention of the mirrors. The '68's had either had the 66-67 style mirror or the 68 specific mirror. I have never seen one with OEM door mirrors mounted like that. It would be interesting to see what is filled in on the inside of the fenders.

Last edited:

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
Will be interesting to see where it goes considering some recent threads where the value of relatively unmolested stockers was being discussed. However, even if the Buy It Now price is made, it will sell for far less than many other modified Broncos out there.

It's funny the seller didn't know it was a Roadster and was asking the world for it when he listed it. Funny, but I'm not laughing funny.

House

Minutia Militia
Chris, you should buy this and put it all back to stock to make all of us purist whiners happy... ;D

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
If I win the Powerball, it will be in my garage, otherwise, I'll keep the junk I currently have.

ANY Whitco top that is complete and intact gets two thumbs up from me! FORD produced 5000 U13's between 47 and 49 years ago. Most novices selling them on Ebay will remind us that there are only 150 "left". While I don't agree with those numbers, I bet there's only a few dozen original Whitco's around out there!

BajaFresh75

Bronco Guru
I do know that of the 698 '67 Roadsters, 333 of them had metric speedomters, and 328 had the low compression export engine. So at least 333. There have been some '66s surface in Colombia lately as well.

I take it you obtained those numbers from a Marti report? If so, post a picture of the report, I'd love to see it. Thanks

Dave K.

Original paint would make this the Holy Grail--a repaint just makes it a grail.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Seller not responding to any questions or requests for photos (and likely taking advantage of the guy who sold it), makes it more of a Styrofoam cup....but I would still like to own it.