• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Covet thy neighbor's Bronco?

302fix

Contributor
At the risk of breaking the 11th Commandment, here's a provocative question:

If you could have any one classic Bronco other than your own, which Bronco would it be and why??? And we're talking an about an actual Bronco, not a "here's the color/options I want".

Please, let your 'vote' be a complimentary gesture, not one of envy, jealousy, or grand theft ;D

I'll start because Ted's rig is my new template:

Attachments

• Nugentblack74 _25_.JPG
    Nugentblack74 _25_.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 612

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Mine would have to be a very original, very clean, very rust-free, Bill Stroppe bronco. Don't who's that would be......but, I've seen a few on here!

Because, I like the history of the team, the rareity of the Stroppe Bronco, etc.

Dale

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
for a non-stock rig, I'd pick
Coby Hughey's 1973 Black Cloud.
With a sweet 423 stroker - forged rods and pistons and ported Trick Flow racing heads pumping 450hp and 550 ft Ibs of torque
multi port Sequential Electronic Fuel Injection
Detroit in the rear, ARB up front, 4:88 gears
big York compressor and air tank,
custom cantilever pivoting dual front shock mounts
Full exoskeleton
Coby's Twister Wristed radius arms

recent mods include built 700R4 automatic transmission, Atlas II t-case, Tru-Hi9 rear differential, 35 spline rear axles, rear disk brakes, hydro-assist, 37" Iroks on H-1 double beadlocks

Attachments

• cobyhughey1.jpg
    cobyhughey1.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
With a sweet 423 stroker - forged rods and pistons and ported Trick Flow racing heads pumping 450hp and 550 ft Ibs of torque
Full exoskeleton

recent mods include built 700R4 automatic transmission, Atlas II t-case, Tru-Hi9 rear differential, 35 spline rear axles, rear disk brakes, hydro-assist

Don't you already own that Bronco?

If I had to choose somebody else's EB......man, that is a tough one. I would probably pick Karl Bradley's red and white rig. That thing is mean.

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
I would have to say, sort of a rat Bronco because mine will be to nice to do any serious four wheelin. I will probably end up with two. What a shame.

GnisroH

Loc.
Harrisonburg, VA
I would have to pick one like daduze2's. (Click on photo gallery, and it should be the fourth pic under "Recent Photos" - unless someone has loaded more - it's Yellow/black)

Don't get me wrong, wildly modified Broncos look awesome, but I also love the look of a lifted, mildly modified Bronco. Plus his is the look I'm going for with the front cage/door inserts.

Since I'm in college, I won't be spending excessive amounts of time off-road, so I want something that looks great, is reliable, and will get me where I want to go - on road or off.

Duke Nukem

Loc.
Simi Valley
That's not a fair question cause there are many broncos that would make that list. Though I will say that ZookBronc's bronco is one of my favorites.

Attachments

• DSC00979.JPG
    DSC00979.JPG
    86.7 KB · Views: 62

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Quit a few out there to many to pick out just one some have this but not that....the choices the choices?

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Full exoskeleton

recent mods include built 700R4 automatic transmission, Atlas II t-case, Tru-Hi9 rear differential, 35 spline rear axles, rear disk brakes, hydro-assist

Where's the Bronco? Is it behind that jungle gym? ;D J/K, Where are some more pics of this rig?

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Where's the Bronco? Is it behind that jungle gym? ;D J/K, Where are some more pics of this rig?
Ha! I've heard that before or "Did you just come from a pipe fitter's convention" or "there's enough plumbing to install a toilet" or references to MadMax, etc... I get it, some people like it, some don't. I accept that and take all the humor and cracks with a laugh ;D .
That exo has prevented a LOT of body damage though. I have no fear of body damage on the trails. Very functional in my opinion.
You can check out my gallery for more pics

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Ha! I've heard that before or "Did you just come from a pipe fitter's convention" or "there's enough plumbing to install a toilet" or references to MadMax, etc... I get it, some people like it, some don't. I accept that and take all the humor and cracks with a laugh ;D .
That exo has prevented a LOT of body damage though. I have no fear of body damage on the trails. Very functional in my opinion.
You can check out my gallery for more pics

Well, I think it's cool. Just couldn't resist the temptation though! Checked it out. That much protection could look like @$$. You really made it follow the Bronco's lines well. Nice job. I'd certainly get out of your way if you came up behind me!

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I would have to say BMC69's or Crawlin68's rigs. I have been up close and personal to Bill's rig and get freaking goose bumps. That is a mean machine. I have also followed Pat's buildup and talked with him a lot. Both of those trucks have cutting edge stuff on them and run like all get out. I would be honored to steal either one ;).

http://classicbroncos.com/photos/data/500/medium/nice_rock.JPG

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Beside the one I have, I'd like to build an EB that mimics what my Jeep is:

Solid Black, low range, auto OD, 4whl discs, new efficient injected motor, daily driver/offroader, 4" lift, A/C, rustproofed, waterproofed, sound proofed, beefy bumpers, new from the ground up. That's my pipe dream anyway. Probably would end up looking a lot like Ted's without trying.

Attachments

• Copy (2) of CO-04-35mm (37).JPG
    Copy (2) of CO-04-35mm (37).JPG
    115.2 KB · Views: 46

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Well, I think it's cool. Just couldn't resist the temptation though! Checked it out. That much protection could look like @$$. You really made it follow the Bronco's lines well. Nice job. I'd certainly get out of your way if you came up behind me!
I agree with you although I deserve no credit, remember this was Coby's rig - he deserves any accolades (the exo is his design and doing).