• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Crate motor, used 5.0 liter, few questions, Edited and updated info

Hallz

Loc.
NorCal
ken75ranger said:
It's right in Albany. Good guys. I checked with a few friends and they are the only local shop that has a good rep with everyone. If you want a short block 302 rebuilt with 30 over pistons he has them in stock for around $675 with good pistons. He doesn't use no name parts. I was looking at stroking it to 347 with an eagle kit for 1800. That's about 1200 for the kit and 600 to assemble and any balancing needed.
Universal Auto
900 Broadway
Albany, NY 12207
800-422-0303

$675 for the motor plus a g-note for your favorite heads, 500 for a roller valvetrain and you'll be ahead of the game.
As far as accessories you can run what you have. I have the part numbers for a balancer that will work. If you have an auto tranny I have a number for the flexplate too.

That's CHEAP!,..I would seriously look at that!!