• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Creative funding ideas for our builds??

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
post a needed list..

Times is tough all over ...Mine is in a shop for 4BT swap kid is doing nothing I hate to complain I'm afraid he'll want a few bucks ..I've not been able to sell anything.But I have a mountain of extra parts but I could save for a 3rd or 4th bronco ...
...But post up a list of stuff you need and any thing you have to trade ...

kbldawg

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marshall, AR
I get all my Bronco money from extra jobs too. I haven't been doing much extra work lately so I've been thinking.....

I have a new diet plan/bronco fund project:

Stop eating lunch. Weekly Lunch Money =$60

$60/week x 4 = $240/month

The good:
loose a little weight.

The bad:
Prolonged crankiness due to starvation > Loose job due to crankiness. > Lose wife due to loss of Job. > Sell Bronco due to not enough income to support myself and child support X 4.

I'm an optimist, so...I think I'll give it a shot. :D

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
I liquidated the prostreet car, which wife ended up takin half in the seperation deal but at the time not by choice so at the time being all my money that I make by usually working 50hrs plus each week is ALL mine til she figures out what she wants.

I offered to pay the folks for one bill per month, its the very least I can do.

Plans in the near future is to maintain what I got from the seperation deal plus let it build up a bit so to prove I was still a responsible husband with or without her. I also plan to have my EB done so when we do get back together I have something to play with in my spare time, now to get it out to the trails and I dont have to listen to her babble about how I HAVE to buy a new truck just for a tow rig? I plan to buy me a F350 with 460 auto and used flatbed trailer.

OP
OP
Smokeater11

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Man I had a good day today!!! Went to the u-pull-it yard this morning and got a set of hubs/rotors from an 83 BB that had brand new rotors on them. New they're $200.00 each I got them both for $60.00. They had mile marker locking hubs on them and I got them for free($100.00 new). Same truck had the side mirrors I want for my truck and new they are around $95.00 each. I got both of them for $30.00. The bearings and seals in the hubs were so new that the bearing grease in them was still blue (high temp Valvoline stuff) so I don't even have to buy bearings and seals. Just clean them real good and repack them. Also discovered that the little spindle bearing and seals were still in great shape and didn't need to be replaced. And to top it all off I was looking for calipers to use as cores but couldn't find any, but when I got home I got into the box that had my spindles and backing plates and there was a set in the box. They came with the spindles and backing plates but it had been so long since I bought them that I had forgotten about them. The only slightly bad thing is that I found out one of the hubs was bad. The outer race would literally fall out of the hub if you turned it upside down with no assistance. Not good!! But I figure with all the money I saved today in other parts what's one hub. I loosely figured it up that I walked out of the pull it yard today with around $700.00 worth of parts for $96.00 and 1 hour of my time. I have to buy 2 calipers, a set of pads, 1 hub, and the brake lines and my disc conversion is done. For roughly less than $200.00. Needless to say I'm happy with todays work. Thanks again Bax for the technical help today.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
That is way cool of you Mherriford. The brotherhood is strong, I can feel it.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
can you repost what you're looking for? i might have some bushings for the track bar if i remember. Glad to help out if i can!

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I just divert some of my paycheck stragiht into a E-Trade savings account. That way it goes there, earns a little interest, and I never miss it off my automatic deposit into the regular bank account. The plus is, my wife forgot about it a year ago and now it is my Bronco Slush fund. :)

OP
OP
Smokeater11

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
tasker I'm looking for a 7* c bushing kit, a set of body bushings(just normal ones), any other front end bushings, a set of shorty headers for a 5.0, a radiator set up for a 5.0 motor with the port for the bottom hose on the passengers side bottom (bax has offered me one but I don't know if it is correct or not yet), I'm gonna need a set of shocks for a 3.5'' lift. Basically just think about doing a frame off and having to replace all the normal wear and tear items. I am going to order my 3.5'' springs this week I hope and I am prepared to order the body bushings as well if someone doesn't have a set. I don't need any of the hardware or the sleeves just the rubber or poly parts. If anyone has any of this stuff that they want to part with let me know. Mherriford hooked me up with a drop track bar bracket so I can mark that off the list. Big time thanks to him for that!!:cool: I did make sure he made a little money off of it even though he offered it for only the shipping.;) Most of the other stuff I need are simple parts that I can get at Vatozone fairly cheap. Brakelines, hoses, fuel line etc....

wildhorses76

Loc.
Kaplan, Louisiana
I have a set of 3.5" coil springs I got from JBG, believe they are made by superlift....I put them on, then took them off and ordered 4.5 inchers because they didn't put the front as high as I expected....they've been sitting in my shop for about a year and a half....you can have them for 50 bucks plus shipping......they came in the 3.5" kit JBG sells...

OP
OP
Smokeater11

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
wildhorses now that you posted I remebered I need to make a correction to my post. I've been having conversations for several days about getting the 4.5'' coils and the 3.5'' leafs because I want to have a level ride height. Did the taller springs fix the nose down issues you were having? I am hoping to avoid being in the same situation that you are in, having paid for parts that you don't need. I think that I am leaning toward the 4.5s" but if something changes I'll let you know. If someone else comes up with the $ by all mean sell them. I'm still just not sure which way I'm going to go yet. I do appreciate the offer and I might wind up taking you up on it yet.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
smoke, looked quickly but it's too dark in there. I will look and get back to you. I think the only thing i may have left is track bar bushings? will be in touch

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
Tasker,what color is the Bronco on your Avatar?( more specific than Yellow please)

wildhorses76

Loc.
Kaplan, Louisiana
Smoke, no prob, yeah the 4.5's did fix the nose down issue, you may even be a little higher in the front for awhile, but the springs did settle a little maybe a 1/2" so far.......

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
It is "B7" from my wife's 2001 ZN edition Mercury Cougar....has an orange flip flop at some angles....love it. Now back to our regularly sheduled thread....

Broncoholic1

Give your EB to your kids and tell them they have to smash there piggy banks to finish there project, or mom will have it towed to the graveyard ;-) Then when it is done just have them drive you around town.

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Smoke, I have a set of BBK shorty headers for a 302. PM me.

As far as creative funding...Have the wife loose her job, you find ALL KINDS of stuff that you suddenly no longer need!! Craigslist is a wonderful thing, no shipping, local people, and the money stays local...

wildhorses76

Loc.
Kaplan, Louisiana
I hear that, now that I'm closer to being done with adding stuff to my ride, I'm getting ready to sell some stuff laying around I didn't use to pay for some stuff I've decided I "need" now....