• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

crown vic rear disc brake lines

weekend warrior

Loc.
Seabeck, WA
I just added crown Victoria rear disc brakes to my 69 Bronco. Id like to go with braided steel brake lines that are a few inches longer. My question is; which braided steel lines do I go with? Can I use the same lines as are on the front disc brakes since they are Ford brakes from Duff?

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What year "Crown Vic" brakes are you using? If you're talking about the 1992-1995 rear disc brakes, then those have an M10x1.5 inlet port. If that is what you're running, then a a hose with a 10mm banjo fitting and 3/8-24 female inverted flare on the opposite end should do the trick. Length on a rear disc application isn't as critical as it would be for a front where you have steering and other relative movement, but I typically run 8-12 inch rear caliper hoses, making sure there's enough slack to fully remove the caliper from the rotor without disconnecting the line for maintenance purposes.

OP
OP
W

weekend warrior

Loc.
Seabeck, WA
rubber hoses came with the set, but they could be an inch or 2 longer. Id like to switch to braided steel which is why I ask because there aren't any OEM braided lines that I can find.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So what length do you want/need? 2" longer than what?

And you're correct, there won't be any OEM braided stainless hoses outside of certain exotic applications, but there are aftermarket options.

OP
OP
W

weekend warrior

Loc.
Seabeck, WA
The OEM rubber lines are 12 inches long. They fit but are tight. What I mean by tight is that the attachment to the solid lines would have to be on the front of the axle tubes with the steel disc brake mod lines from TBP bent to fit. I want to weld the TBP brackets that came with the new steel lines to the top of the tube so I need the new braided lines to be 15 inches long. Also considering the disc brakes I'm using are Ford brakes and the TBP kit are for their GM rear disc brake kits, so the attachment brackets use the C clips. The new braided lines need to have the connectors to the steel lines com partible with the C clips from TBP.

Last edited: