• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Curb Weight?

U

Unregistered

I was wondering if anybody has actually weighed their bronco. I was trying to figure out the weight for my 71. I have a c4 no power anything, stock wheels and tires, hardtop, 351 with alluminum heads and intake, fiberglass hood. I'm trying to find a place to weigh it, but was just wondering what to expect.

Thanks

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
I weigh mine about everytime I take it to work. 4480 LBS take it to any Grocery outfit , Vaughns, Ralphs, Albertsons, etc and just tell them yhou need to scale it because you are taking it out of state and will need the scale weight to license it in another state. If you have trouble PM me and I will give you a number in Sante Fe Springs of the Trucking manager. He will take care of you.

Attachments

• web.jpg
    web.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 341
Last edited:

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
I weighed mine, with a 408W, a fiberglass hood, winch, 35's, 24 gallon rear tank, full of gas, no top and a 4 speed and it was at 4300 lbs with 56.3% front and 43.6% rear. My cross weight was at 50.7% (even though this is not setup to take turns with Porsche's)

Awnrie69

Loc.
Salem, Or
I weighed mine at a truck scale on thge side of the road... I was coming back from SOB7... I was about 4500 w/o top or doors. They only thing in it was me, my boyfriend, my 4 yr old daughter and a cooler.

45acp

Loc.
Texarkana AR
wow.....why is mine so "light"? 3970 with 351W, auto, no top, full tank, no driver, cage/bumpers no winch.

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Any goog truxtop

Any good truck stop has a certified scale. Usually on CB channel 24, and it costs about $8.00 to get weighed, but if you don't need a printout, sometimes they will do tor for free.
Come to Flag, I will weigh you for free!

-J

OP
OP
U

Unregistered

Thanks for alll the help guys, We'll see what I find out!

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
Uphill

Ever tried to push an EB uphill? There's a lot of steel in these old monsters. Mine comes in at 4550, no top or doors, but cage, winches, bumpers, etc.

-J

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have seen the scales show 9,800 lb. But that was with a trailer full of rock. going into the yard it tipped in at 5800 lb with the empty trailer.

Back when they would let me on the track, I tipped in at 4060 lb.
That was 1 tank full, small load of tools, me, 351 alloy head, cage, steel wheels and 31's, NP435.

Since then I have added winch, rock skis, bigger tool box, heavy bumpers, swapped the 435 for a 4R70W, 33's on chromies, and a bigger tank, but I did remove the stock bumpers and the angle iron that braced them.