• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

current state of the bronco market?

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
[quote author=2badrotties link=board=5;threadid=21953;start=0#msg169025 date=1063248461]
New York checking in. There are more around here than you would think. Rough, but they are here. Most of them around here are only half broncos. Half bronco - half bondo ;D. From the looks of it Jeepster has a very nice one. I have a decent one and working on a rust free ( Oregon ) Bronco. A guy not to far from me has a pretty nice one he bought earlier this spring in Michagan. Ken75ranger has a fiberglass one so it can't be too bad. I have a very rusty one. Don has one that I might get to see in a week or so. There are a couple down towards N.Y.City / Long Island. What you find around here is usually rough but still fetching a pretty good buck because there are not that many left. Depending on where I park, I COULD sell my Bronco EVERYDAY. People want them, just can't find them. Just wait another five years, we have goldmines here ;D
[/quote]
Some more near us. 1 in Troy. 1 in Loudonville.

bpassmore

Sponsor/Vendor
Loc.
Houston, TX
Im in Houston (Pasadena Actually) and I know of 5 guys with about 15 between the bunch of us. Most not running -
We have about 4 million people down here in the areas that we live combined..

boatbldr

Loc.
Fort Collins, CO
Quite a few out here in Colorado, we don't have nearly the rust problems that the eastern states have. We even have enough to support a club or two (of which I STILL am not a member :-[ I think if you look at the link at the left... members by state it will give you a relative density, geographically speaking. And there a lot more people not registered on this site than are registered. I would guess 10:1.

NorCal70

Loc.
San Anselmo, CA
Northern California (Bay Area) - Lot's of EB's here. Maybe not as many as in SoCal though. A week doesn't go by that I don't see a couple. As far as the price goes, I would say that they have definitely gone up over the past 4-5 years. My buddy sold his for $15k - it was a very good looking truck but didn't have disk brakes, had 31" tires, no lift, engine good but not great, etc. I think he got lucky selling at that price.

brian72

Early Bronco Student
In Tampa I have seen probably a dozen. I never get to talk to any of them, but that is a different story.

huged29

Loc.
Ft Collins, Colorado
Just like boatbldr said there are quite a few out here in CO. There are probably around 20-30 running around Ft. Collins alone which has a population of like 60,000.

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I live in Arlington (in between Fort Worth and Dallas) and work in Dallas. I see at least one a week in my travels (my Bronco is my daily driver, it makes the nearly 100 mile round trip every day without complaint.) There are a small handfull within a couple of miles of my house, most are original owners, and a couple of them are bone stock.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
There's about 15,000 people in the county that I live in, I'd say there was about 30 Broncos, there's a lot of EB's in the South, avid outdoorsmen had 'em running throught the woods in the '60's & '70's, I've tried to rescue a few of them. I tried to sell my '69 on ebay last week and was very dissapointed though, it's probably as good an all around Bronco I've ever had, 1/2 cab, PTO, disk, PS, thought surely it would bring $9-10,000, didn't make it though. Maybe location was a factor?? Anyway, guess I'll keep it, it's been a good one!

MKD

Loc.
Edgewood, NM
Albuquerque - Santa Fe, NM

I know a guy in Albuquerque who has three pretty nice ones. I've seen about 5 others on the road within a radius of about 60 miles. I know of three more that are parked in weeds but appear to be in pretty good shape from a distance (don't all our rides look good from a distance?). Not many rust problems in this state but since there're only about 1.8 million people in the entire state, not many broncos either. ;)

hakstooy

Loc.
Alexandria, VA
I live right outside DC in NOVA, theres a few million people around here I'd suppose. I've seen 7, including mine. There are practically none around here, I way overpaid for mine, but it was the only one in good shape I could find. I looked at one rusty, dented ol bastard with "AC" throughout the floor and a kinda rebuilt motor and it went for 7K. If you can hold out until you find a guy desperate enough (like me I guess) you can do pretty well.

Jazona

Loc.
Prescott Valley, AZ
Probably 30-40K folks here in Prescott AZ area and between 15 and 20 Broncs most of the time. AZ is GOOOOOD to sheet metal! I've seen vintage tin parked behind farmer John's barn for thirty years and IF it's rusted, you can almost rub it off with your fingers. Keeping the radiator from blowing its stack is a different matter.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I know of one other one a couple of blocks from my house. I've seen at least five others driving on the street in the three years that I've lived here. But if I really want to see a bunch, all I have to do is drive the 2-3 miles down to Wildhorses. They gotta bunch there for some reason ;D

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
One thing that I have noticed is although there isnt alot of EB around.....on the whole the selling prices that I've see isnt that high. Coby/6677ebman for example. Also theres drew palmers rig that he cant even trade for a motorcycle! Its a nice looking rig too. So the killing ($$)that some are looking for just isnt there. Lets face it guys they are what they are. For example Im gonna look at a 67 tonight, $4500 is the asking price, but its manual shift,vacuum wipers,no power anything,drum brakes,ratty interior.......think about it, not much there. Dont get me wrong....I like em but when I think what I paid for my 76 with all the goodies :eek: $4500 is way high. I really think Calif has screwed us buyers up with the ridiculous prices that they pay for stuff. We will see, photos to follow tonight.

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
well I paid $750 for my 1970 model but it has some rust. Interior isnt perfect and it needs wheels and the motor had a bad vibration in it (a 6 cylinder). While looking for other EB's I have personally seen 2 and both of those were up in the country where my dad lives.
However I found 2- 1971 bronco's for sale and will be looking at purchasing one of em sometime in the near future if somone else doesnt get em.........Both have dana 44 fronts and both have V-8s with 3 speeds!
Ben

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
You will always get to a point where even a rust bucket is worth "X" amount of $ (no offence to anyone). The price finds it level.

brewdude

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Groveland, CA
I probably see 1 every other week. Unless I go down to Bronco Parts and I see 4 or 5 in the same location. Couldn't tell the total number of the Sacramento area but I have seen between 15 to 20 different ones in the 7 years I've lived here.

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Well, I may have over paid for the two that I have. $3k each. Both are '66s. One lifted, 289-c4 (changed from 6/3speed). Power steering, Fiberglass front fenders, lots of interior rust (found it later). Door inserts with half doors. No top, but has roll bar and bikini top, and off road seats. The other is pure stock orginal very early '66 with a top in okay condition. Since then, the modified one has got a 351W Detroit rear, Dana 44 limited front, lots of new sheet metal, undercoated, bedliner interior. The orginal one almost got sold but the guy didn't come to look at it when he said he would (still hasn't). So I decided to hang on to it and move stuff I take off the modified one to it as I upgrade with the H.P 44 I just got. Then it'll have a 289 c4 uncut. Wonder what it'll be worth someday. First one (modified) isn't for sale. Wife would kill me, she love that off road stuff.

67ster

Bronco Guru
I see a few on the street here in Vegas , some daily drivers , some beaters , I know of several under construction , two for sale in the local paper , Vegas Broncos have probably 30 members and as many EBS . Rust here in the desert isn't a big problem ,the sun cooks everything else however .

STICK76

Loc.
Fitzgerald, GA
I live here in South Georgia in a town with about 16,000 people. I know of 8 different Broncos in town. Only 2 are driven on a regular basis. I try and spot them as I travel around the state, and very rarely do I see one. They are getting harder to find!!!