• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Custom bracket for Corbeau bench seat

Oakland Bronco

Loc.
San Francisco, CA
I have a set of Corbeau Baja RS seats going in. The other day, I looked at a Bronco that had the same seats installed. The rear bench seat sits really low -- almost like the passengers will be sitting on the floor.

Has anyone built a custom bracket so that the Corbeau bench seat sits more like a stock EB bench seat?

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I bought the Corbeau bracket for the EB and after getting it, it wouldnt be hard to make yourself and raise the seat up a little. I currently have the rear seat out and will more than likely modify it to make it go in and come out easier.

COSCAG00

Is the bracket even worth buying? I can make a bracket real easy and probably cheaper than the $100 they sell for.

Kyle how high do you think you will be raising the seat? I am real close to ordering my rear seat so am interested.

OP
OP
Oakland Bronco

Oakland Bronco

Loc.
San Francisco, CA
I currently have the rear seat out and will more than likely modify it to make it go in and come out easier.

Please keep me posted if you go this route and modify the bracket. I am not at all happy with the way the seat looks sitting on the floor like that. Raising it by 4-5" would look a lot better.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Please keep me posted if you go this route and modify the bracket. I am not at all happy with the way the seat looks sitting on the floor like that. Raising it by 4-5" would look a lot better.

I have a Corbeau bracket if anyone wants one... Cheap.

I raised the seat off the floor with a 2 inch aluminum spacer block and their bracket. After my kids got older (and taller) I ended up having Wayne Hanson make a bracket(s) so it sits like the factory rear seat. With a little more rake backwards to it, mounting to the original floor holes.

Sorry I do not seem to have pictures with me today...