• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

custom bracket for Corbeau rear bench seat

Oakland Bronco

Loc.
San Francisco, CA
The Corbeau rear bench practically sits on the floor, which I don't like at all. Has anyone fabricated a custom bracket to raise the seat off the floor so that it "sits" more like a stock bench seat?

If the answer is yes, including a pic of the seat + bracket or your design would be very helpful and appreciated.

COSCAG00

I just finished installing a Corbeau seat in the back with a custom bracket. I can post pictures tomorrow as they are on my work computer. It was real easy to build and works great.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Local friend had a custom set made for his seats last year. Simple but heavy steel construction, so should be pretty strong. I'll see if he's got pics.

Another friend is currently building a slick setup for his rear seat as well. Made to mount his stereo amps and other such stuff underneath.
In fact, he's going to price it out to see if it's something that's worth selling, or will be just another custom do-it-yourself piece.

From Doug's experience with his, the trick is to NOT go too high.
Tall people end up hitting their heads on family cage bars!

Paul

BRONCOBERT

Mine was the same way sat flat on the floor, I raised mine up so I could hide a pair of amps under it, no pics yet but it is so simple to do.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
x2 on what Paul said. My head nearly hits the hardtop when I sit in the stock backseat, so it would be nice to have that seat as low as possible. Not that I plan on spending much time in the backseat, but the kids aren't exactly shrinking!

BRONCOBERT

Sure but with the Corboeau rear seat when you sit in it your ass sinks to an inch from the floor.

COSCAG00

Here are a few pictures of the bracket for my seat. I made it with a bit of a slant to the back just like the original seat for a bit more comfort.

It is a bit high for taller people but it will be my kids in the back 99% of the time. I am 5'-10" and my head is about 1" below the family bar so it is close.

I just use 1-1/2" channel iron and tubing to make it. It mounts in the stock location also. I am toying with the idea of a slide out drawer under it as there is quite a bit of room for one. I can also see where mounting an amp would be the perfect spot.

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

3.jpg

MarkH@Wildhorse

Contributor
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've mounted the seats to the top of these Tuffy boxes.
That gave me a little lift and some storage.

Attachments

• 93_1_.jpg
    93_1_.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 67

BRONCOBERT

Oh wow! I only raised mine up about an inch so someones but isn't siting on the amps.

COSCAG00

I kept the height on mine pretty close to the original in the front but leaned the back of the seat a little more for comfort.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...but the kids aren't exactly shrinking!

Ain't that the truth!
However, while they're young they probably won't mind it wherever the seat is set. Some of my best Bronco-memories are of spending 5 hours on the road, 2 days on the trail, then 5 more hours on the road. All in the back, with the top and doors off, best buddies up front, camping gear all around (including "that damn pack" as they called it), and me splayed out all over the back.
Now those were some fun times. Sunburn and all!

Paul

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice job on the seat mount for sure. Probably gonna get the Corbeau for mine eventually as well. Nice lookin back seat for sure.