• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CVF Serpentine?

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
Should have said above, my plan is to use the 4 core Ron Davis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, there goes any extra space you had!
At least I would think that the thicker radiator would push everything closer to your drive system.
I guess we’ll find out when you mock it up.

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
Well, there goes any extra space you had!
At least I would think that the thicker radiator would push everything closer to your drive system.
I guess we’ll find out when you mock it up.
I've test fit with the Ron Davis and DeltaPag and have about 5/8" room to work with., and can get more if needed by removing the tensioner cover.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ahh, I thought those numbers were for a smaller radiator.
Sounds good.

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
Finally got the radiator shroud made and test fit everything. Plenty of room between all the moving parts but very tight where the plastic frame of the fan meets the tensioner cover. I’m calling it good to go, if it rubs bad when running I’ll remove that cover and have 1/2” of clearance.

Please don’t laugh too hard at my cuts in the shroud, I just got a plasma cutter last week and this was my first project and first time using a plasma cutter.

15a057d7b18772181935f9b2df13ef62.jpg

5b019de4e8a6a2751b932438e7ed1821.jpg

3293098bf0b8e4ee6fa75e9e12a6b893.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyeti

Has anyone figured out a mechanical fan and radiator combination that works with the wraptor system?

OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
Has anyone figured out a mechanical fan and radiator combination that works with the wraptor system?
a standard mechanical fan would work fine with the right spacers, I got a clutched fan in there with minimal clearance. I didn't use it because it looked to close for comfort, but without the clutch there would be plenty of room.

thanfor

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jaybr

Jaybr

Contributor
Jaybr, with the short water pump having a drivers side outlet, are the radiators you're testing with reverse flow? I found this champion radiator: https://www.championradiators.com/Ford-Bronco-radiator-2-row-1966-1967
But it has a passenger side outlet and I'm not sure how I'd find hoses for that.

UPDATE: Is it the coyote version that you're using?: https://www.championradiators.com/Ford-Bronco-5.0-conversion-radiator-1966-1967
I am using the short water pump with reverse inlet/outlet. I went with the Wildhorse Coyote radiator but if you find one that is thinner you'll have an easier time.