• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

D44 Hub part..does anyone sell?

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
I need a spring retaining plate for my hubs and I haven't been able to find it sold anywhere online. Anyone know if this part can be bought? I put a square around it in the pic. ?:?

Attachments

• Dana44_Spring_Retaining_Plate.jpg.GIF
    Dana44_Spring_Retaining_Plate.jpg.GIF
    29.7 KB · Views: 54

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Try calling Wild Horses, I have found that even if it is not listed on the site, they may have one they can sell.

Also, did you happen to try any local auto parts places? AutoZone, etc.

OP
OP
KS.76Sport

KS.76Sport

Loc.
Wichita, KS.
Got the "deer in the headlights" look at the parts store, I get that allot there. I'll start calling. Just thought maybe someone on here may have bought one and be able to tell me where they got it.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I need a spring retaining plate for my hubs and I haven't been able to find it sold anywhere online. Anyone know if this part can be bought? I put a square around it in the pic. ?:?

I got a new pair from the Ford Dealer after I ruined mine by putting them in backwards.

justinkwitt

looks like it should be a spicer part number 32589. Looks like the used it in all the Dana 44 Ford front axles with a part time transfer case from 67-78. Should be about a dollar and a half. If you want you can call 559-784-5138 and we can order it for you if we dont have it in stock, but shipping would be more than the part is worth. Just go to your local parts store with the Dana number. The problem the parts people must have had must be that it is listed as "Plate-Spring Retaining" In the Dana catalog (or they only know how to use a computer). it is #70 in the exploded view and the bill of materials.

justinkwitt

btw, if you have questions about part numbers or how the axle parts fit together, dana/spicer has the service manual and the catalog on their website in pdf for free. That way you can go into the parts store knowing what you need instead of those guys giving you the deer-in-the-headlights look. Might be a little more productive trip that way :)

here's the link for the service manuals and catalogs:

http://www2.dana.com/expertforms/depdf.aspx?prod=AXL