• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 44 - 30 Spline Lock Out Hubs

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Any other vendors "Besides WH", sell the Warn or other "brand" 30 spline Lock out hubs??

30 spline "outer" to work with the RCV axles!

Seen a set on solid axle.com but not quite sure those will work.

Thanks,
SD

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
He has the "Standard" Hubs.

Are Warn 9790s Standard or Premium?

I'm about to pick up 2 sets of those, got a guy local who's selling em for $60 a set. Going to google that up again right now, LOL

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I thought you were going to run slugs

I will Kyle, I'm getting a set of "regular" hubs as back up if I need to go back "standard set up" for whatever reason. Want the 30 spline hub option if I wanna drive on the street at all "eventually will pick up a set of street wheels/tires"....

I know, too many options right.. LOL

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
9790s are standard, I should read more closely, oh well.

Guess I gotta get the premium hubs, funny how that works, I'll shut up now. LOL.

What I get for reading at work, not paying closer attention.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Are there any differences in the hubs? I know you can exchange the locking part of the hub for the standard to the premium. The insides always look the same to me.

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Guess I am about to find out. Well at least someone can learn from my fubar.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I will Kyle, I'm getting a set of "regular" hubs as back up if I need to go back "standard set up" for whatever reason. Want the 30 spline hub option if I wanna drive on the street at all "eventually will pick up a set of street wheels/tires"....

I know, too many options right.. LOL

Are you saying that you can't drive on the street with slugs and an open dif in 2 hi?

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
I understand they are locked full time, but driving with a selectable locker would make it easier to turn. I have read alot of people having problems with the RCV axles and selectable hubs (one coming unlocked). Don't know if its just a small problem or a big problem.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Just the FYI part, 20990 is the Warn part number for the Premium.
You may already know that, since you found out the 9790's are the standard (which I like better by the way), but figured I'd throw that out there just in case you were still looking.

I don't know what the real differences are inside them anymore, but I agree, that they look very similar where the little splined collar is concerned. Hope it works out for you.

Paul

OP
OP
sprdv1

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well RCV says the "Standard hubs" will work with those Cores too!! Wooot wooot..!

markperry

Bronco Guru
Dave I just spoke to Blake, the guy selling those Warn 9790 Hubs on Craigslist......I'm gonna pick mine up tomorrow. Thanks for the tip!

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Dave, just a thought, I was exploding Warn hubs when I had them in my D44. It would split from inside out breaking each part into 5-6 pieces each, inner spline, locking ring and outter spines alike. What I'm trying to say is use them on the street, not for wheeling!