• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dana 60 build

OP
OP
mavereq

mavereq

Bronco Guru
I hope so. I'm thinking about plating them like yours. That looks really stout.

I keep thinking this is all overkill. I took mine out on half ton axles with stock shafts and didn't break anything. Of course, I knew my axles were weak so I babied it. I was happy with how it performed; I just don't want to cringe every time I hit the gas.

I'm still really short on my wheelbase. Monster Mike and I measured it at 93" long at its current ride height.

I'm dropping the rear off at Jantz engineering to get the spindles bored out so it'll take 35 spline axles. I have the axles but they won't fit!

OP
OP
mavereq

mavereq

Bronco Guru
High steer arms showed up. These things are beefy! I ordered them from ruffstuff.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
attachment.php
I love my artec arms!

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Overkill is the way to go - I was sick of wheeling, looking at an obstacle and knowing if I tried it an axle shaft would explode. With the one tons in stock form I have a feeling something just might go pop, but with the 35 spline outers I'm not going to worry anymore.

OP
OP
mavereq

mavereq

Bronco Guru
Speaking of overkill. I'm going to plate the knuckles and build up the front to accept the fifth bolt. How easy was the knuckle to weld to?

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Super jealous! Take lots of pics - I've wanted to go with a set of those...