• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Did I get ripped off?

fuseman

Loc.
SoCal
I just got my EB back last night from the tranny shop. They replaced the bearings in the tranny and all the seals (3 speed) and replaced all the seals in the transfercase. They both leaked from every possible place (including the shifter points). After all was said and done it was $550 cash and he repaired and replaced both and did some work on my shifters (they were binding a little). How do you think I did? It also came with a 6 month warranty.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Not the greatest deal, but I have heard of a lot worse. I paid around $175 for just a 3 speed rebuild and reseal when I pulled my own and didn't touch the transfer case. That was 12 years ago. Everything in my trans was bad. 1st, second, all bearings, all seals, all syncros (was ran low on oil). There was parts of the input bearing cage ground up and floating around. Cluster gear and case were good.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p The labor is what hurts parts are only about 100.00 but from what I have seen not real bad for today. Had my 4 spd. done a long time ago it was 180.00 but I did the R&R that is what cost so much hope it all works good for you.%) %) %) Bill 8) %) :p

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I recently priced a seal kit for the transfer case. I remember that it was expensive. Something like $75. Then I just broke down and got a set of tera-lows that came with a seal kit. Helped justify the tera-lows

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Doesn't sound to bad most places charge agout $450 for just a clutch replacement

OP
OP
F

fuseman

Loc.
SoCal
Well i feel a little better knowing I didn't get ripped off if the price isn't too bad. He also took the transfer case and tranny out and reinstalled them. I don't think that was in the first post.

It's nice and tight now and my clutch chatter is ALOT better!:)

thesnake

Bronco Guru
I think you did good. I checked with certified transmission in Omaha and Lincoln and they wanted 1200 to do my c-4...yeah right...

John