• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Differential Shop in Oklahoma

Okie69

Contributor
I know there are a lot of guys from the area on here. I’m looking for a trustworthy diff shop in central/northern OK. Recommendations?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Offroad Addiction in Edmond. I called them about swapping gears in my daughters heep for giggles, just over $2k iirc. Didn't take very long to do it myself and I saved $1500. They do good work though from what I hear.

OP
OP
Okie69

Okie69

Contributor
Offroad Addiction in Edmond. I called them about swapping gears in my daughters heep for giggles, just over $2k iirc. Didn't take very long to do it myself and I saved $1500. They do good work though from what I hear.

Wow. I was thinking a couple hundred bucks. So I need to get everything together and figure it out myself it sounds like.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Wow. I was thinking a couple hundred bucks. So I need to get everything together and figure it out myself it sounds like.

If you're doing bearings, seals, gears on two axles, that's way more than $200 just in parts. I thought I still had their quote but can't find it. Call them or contact them on their FB page and ask for a quote, curious to see what they say.

OP
OP
Okie69

Okie69

Contributor
If you're doing bearings, seals, gears on two axles, that's way more than $200 just in parts. I thought I still had their quote but can't find it. Call them or contact them on their FB page and ask for a quote, curious to see what they say.

Yeah sorry I just meant the labor part.

OP
OP
Okie69

Okie69

Contributor
What do you need? I do a lot of 9" stuff and located in Claremore.

Right now I’m just thinking a regear and bearings front and rear. HP D44 and 9” rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
On the 44 I’m out, I’d rather be awake for a colonoscopy than do gears in one. Big D’s 4x4 in sand springs and Harmon’s Four Wheel Drive in north Tulsa. Both reputable, I’ve used them both and always been happy, and have never needed to test the warranty.

Red Creek

Gary's Differential in Moore is a really good source as well. Gary has been in business for many years and I have always found him to be honest and fair.
Good Luck

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Party at Yeller's..... Ill build the 44!!!

I'll have to admit I've done all of my axles when they were up on a buddy's lift. The part I dislike about the 44 and 30 is just getting the axles out, the rest has gone pretty smooth.

OP
OP
Okie69

Okie69

Contributor
I don’t know how I missed all of these responses. I must be slacking. The 44 is out of the truck and disassembled. So no worries about pulling axles.

joshd1971bronco

Loc.
Oklahoma City, OK
For a sanity check, price check, I'd call Blumenthal's in OKC. They are a long-standing reputable business with a good turnaround time in my experience.

Won't necessarily be the cheapest as they're a full-blown established shop, but I would trust they're work. Make sure you tell them you have the differential apart and you're dropping it off (as opposed to taking them a delivered vehicle).