• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dilemma... Pride or Bride???

mustangmarty

Bronco Guru
O.K., not bride, but girlfriend. Bride just happened to rhyme. But holy crap! She wants to buy a jeep! ??? :eek: I've always told her there were two kinds of 4X4 people: Bronco people, and "losers." ;D 8) Now I have to come up with good things to tell her. :-X

uh...er...uhm...

Okay nothing comes to mind...

Any politically correct answers to this one??? :-

I forsee a lot of "Bronco-pulling-jeep-out-of-mess" pictures coming... 8) 8) 8)

rulebreaker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Manton MI
Re:Dilema... Pride or Bride???

[quote author=mustangmarty link=board=5;threadid=20318;start=0#msg156115 date=1058832615]
O.K., not bride, but girlfriend. Bride just happened to rhyme. But holy crap! She wants to buy a jeep! ??? :eek: I've always told here there were two kinds of 4X4 people: Bronco people, and "losers." ;D 8) Now I have to come up with good things to tell her. :-X

uh...er...uhm...

Okay nothing comes to mind...

Any politically correct answers to this one??? :-

I forsee a lot of "Bronco-pulling-jeep-out-of-mess" pictures coming... 8) 8) 8)
[/quote]Rush her to the emergency room! There is something teribly wrong with her! ;D ;D

66horse

Bronco Guru

Well my wife has a bronco so I don't have your problem, but she is a chick, so she wants a jeep. they are chick cars.

Its all good

but you will have to work on it! haha

blu72

Loc.
Forney, Tx

alot of chicks like j33p$ :mad: let her buy one then when she tires of being lead around on a leash(strap) by your BRONCO sell it for twice what you paid for it (theres a fool born every minute most of them buy j33p$) :eek: and get her a nice BRONCO ;D

broncnaz

Bronco Guru

either find her a nice bronco or if she's dead set on a jeep make her get the rubicon at least its got the good stuff 4-1 t-case d44's W lockers and if she wrecks it get the parts off it should be good for something

daves77

Loc.
Clovis, New Mexico

go download some nice bronco pics and compare those to jeeps. I don't know many people that would take a jeep over a bronco. I just think the style and looks of a bronco are far from none. Good luck.

Nuke

Have you asked her why she wants jeep over a bronco?

OP
OP
M

mustangmarty

Bronco Guru

You guys rock! She's sitting here with me laughing her a$$ off! :D She really does want an EB, but can only spare a grand right now which won't get very far in the EB market. :mad: But her sister's friend might let his 93 Wrangler go for that much. :- She'll just have to think of it as a "training bra" 4X4 for when the real thing (EB) comes around. ;)

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY

Tell her to save her money 'till she can afford an EB. You won't work on a jeep for her will you?? So she might as well get the Bronco.

66horse

Bronco Guru

[quote author=mustangmarty link=board=5;threadid=20318;start=0#msg156223 date=1058847024]
You guys rock! She's sitting here with me laughing her a$$ off! :D She really does want an EB, but can only spare a grand right now which won't get very far in the EB market. :mad: But her sister's friend might let his 93 Wrangler go for that much. :- She'll just have to think of it as a "training bra" 4X4 for when the real thing (EB) comes around. ;)
[/quote]

See this might be good. has she done much wheeling before? If not, let her beat a jeep up before she gets an EB.

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,

My GF just bought a '73 CJ-5, all new fiberglass body, new Besttop, new Centech, new Courbou seats, 33 Thornbirds, D30 up front, D44 rear w/ Lock Rite, 3Spd, D20 t-case, 232 re-sealed, KC Daylighters...
All I have to say it it's kewl!! Lackin a little in the power department, but it's cool. Tell your GF to get an old Jeep if she;s stuck on Jeeps, otherwise, if she was buying new, she should just get a restored EB

KST1

The way I see it, a girlfriend wheeling in a jeep is better than a girlfiend that doesn't wheel.

Broncos are very convincing. Try for that. But if it can't be done. Get the jeep. Fix it up and sell it to buy a Bronco. The only thing better than a Bronco family is a two Bronco family.

You might point out that you would only have to have one set of spares if she got a Bronco and how much money that would save.

-D

Alex

Loc.
Indiana

Well maybe the "Jeep" is the "Sportster" of the 4x4 world! Definitly a chick car! ;D

thumping

Loc.
Jacksboro Tn

If she is set on a heep, buy it...sell all the running gear to the other heepers. Install an injected 5.0 with all the goodies from an EB. Yea I know it's almost blaspheme but look at it this way, she gets what she wants, it will absolutely drive the heep guys crazy and hopefully she'll give you what you want ;)

66horse

Bronco Guru

[quote author=KST1 link=board=5;threadid=20318;start=15#msg156299 date=1058881918]
The way I see it, a girlfriend wheeling in a jeep is better than a girlfiend that doesn't wheel.

-D
[/quote]

EXACTLY!

Besides, who would all of you make fun of if it weren't for the Jeepers.