• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Title Dilemma - Need Advice

SP73

That is great news! Glad all your hard work paid off!

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Awesome that you were able to solve it. I am currently going through hassle with a 1979 title that has been registered within 15 years so the vermont or tennessee option is out. I have the actual title but the NVITS syste is showing that there is possibly another one out there. Alabama DMV, where i bought the car from, says that there isn't one. No one is sure whats going on or how to solve the problem. It has been a major hassle and extremely frustrating since I actually have all the legit paperwork. Glad it worked out for you! Signs of Hope! Haha

Golfball

Glad that worked out for you. And since she refused any money you offered I would say buy her a gift card to a local restaurant and send her a thank you card. Lots of folks would refuse money for something like that but when you show you sincerely appreciate what she did for you, it means a lot.

Unless she was really crazy, then just move on...:eek:

OP
OP
C

ColoradoBronc

@Golfball - two steps ahead of you. She let me know that she apparently has another Bronco that was her Dad's, had been in the family for years, etc, but that her ex-husband had removed some parts from the front axle at some point.

I asked her to send me some photos, and I tracked down and bought a front right axle, spindle, loaded backing plate, and drum to help her get her Dad's old Bronco back on the road! :D :thumbsup:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Fantastic story! Great job helping to get a dad's rig back up and running.

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Good stuff....

@Golfball - two steps ahead of you. She let me know that she apparently has another Bronco that was her Dad's, had been in the family for years, etc, but that her ex-husband had removed some parts from the front axle at some point.

I asked her to send me some photos, and I tracked down and bought a front right axle, spindle, loaded backing plate, and drum to help her get her Dad's old Bronco back on the road! :D :thumbsup:

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru

That’s an couple of awesome stories, and probably the beginning of a long friendship. Congrats to both of you for representing the best of the Bronco brother/sisterhood!

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro

This is awesome of you sir!

Shes mad

I have bought a number of cars over the years without titles. They tend to be bargains

EVERY one turned out like yours did(except for the other Bronco thing��) and it was always knocking on doors till I found the owner. I always came equipped with the paperwork filled out for the DMV. All they had to do is sign it to get a dup title, and I mailed paperwork with fees to the DMV. They called me when the dup title was mailed to them, or I just kept calling them until they received it. Then they would sign over to me. I even drove 300 miles to get a title for one vintage Landcruiser.

Bottom line—-don’t try to overthink these things. Take the simple, legal route

Shes mad

On another note Minnesota is odd in their car titling. If I sell a car out of state it literally stays in my name in Minnesota forever unless the new owner or state reports to Minnesota that they own it and I don’t , which doesn’t happen. I probably have 30 or so cars still in my name in the Minnesota DMV records that I sold that I could go get a duplicate title for if I wanted to. Or when that person comes knocking on my door��.