• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Disc Brakes

gledhillt

Hi, I Am The Owner Of A 1974 Bronco. I Have Had It For 25 Years And It Was A Daily Driver For Many Of Those Years. Now I Am Wanting Tho Do Some Upgrades.
Does Anyone Have Good Ideals For A Disc Brake Conversion.

Thanks For The Help.

gpete

disk brake parts

Hi, I Am The Owner Of A 1974 Bronco. I Have Had It For 25 Years And It Was A Daily Driver For Many Of Those Years. Now I Am Wanting Tho Do Some Upgrades.
Does Anyone Have Good Ideals For A Disc Brake Conversion.

Thanks For The Help.
Tjhe best deal is to get some 71 to 75 chevy blazer calipers, backing plates, small bearing spindles and 78-79 ford bronco hub and rotors. There is a member users name boss 351 he uses the ford drum spindles with a spacer on his conversion. I just don the chevy conversion using junk yard and new parts they work fine cost me around $300 compared to $700 from a vendor

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
you can gather all the parts yourself from junkyards, or you can make your life a little easier and get the ebay kit from horsepowersales. if you do a search on this forum for "horsepowersales" or "ebay disc brakes" you'll find a lot of information about the kit. it's a good way to go. i just did it and it took an afternoon.

70HalfCab

Loc.
Mandeville, LA
Been thinking about buying the kit from horespowersales. Quick question for those that know. Later on down the road if I need new pads or rotors what do I ask (make model) for at the local parts store?

duganfife

any reason it is better than toms?

I just checked the price and they are the same any reason one is better? or personal pref?

73AnneBoleyn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Charlotte, NC
I just checked the price and they are the same any reason one is better? or personal pref?

personal preference. when you keep hearing good things about a particular product, it becomes clear that that's the one to go with. although i'm sure tom's has a quality product, too.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Keep your eyes open on here & be patient... You'll find someone selling the parts for the conversion.. ;)