• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DIY beadlocks with anti-coning ring

bronco_72

Loc.
SPRINGFIELD
Those are the ones I was talking about. They have a stamped ring so no coning and they come with hardware. I know lots of guys running their setup and they thrash on their rigs. If you are interested I can get you a number to call and you will save big $$$ over the website price.

OP
OP
Silverhorse

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
Those are the ones I was talking about. They have a stamped ring so no coning and they come with hardware. I know lots of guys running their setup and they thrash on their rigs. If you are interested I can get you a number to call and you will save big $$$ over the website price.

Sure, Thanks.;D

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Anti-coning ring's don't cause leaks unless they are to big. 1/2 should work fine on all wheels.
Most of the locks I see that leak are from crappy welds.
I got mine from DIY4x.com and they don't leak.
When I welded them, I tacked the rings on, then I borrowed a turn table, and placed the wheel on it. This way I just had to hold the gun and the turn table to turn the wheel for me.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru

That already looks like a good price. What all is included in a kit? Does it do all 4 or just one?

OX1

Bronco Guru
Long live the 16.5 tire and H1's. Std beadlocks are a PIA with all the bolts. :p

welndmn

Bronco Guru
Mine. All the bolts/nuts are flanges serred heads I had a friend make for me.

beadlocks.jpg

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
There just happens to be a DIY beadlock article in the current issue of CRAWL. Pretty good except for the fact the bonehead uses steel BB's for balancing.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Anything interesting, I don't subscribe, yet.

Yeah this is the issue to get. They have a good article on the SOB gathering in Oregon. So there is actual Broncos in the mag. instead of just high dollar monster crawlers with Bronco skins.

OP
OP
Silverhorse

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
I am running poison spyder bead locks, 17x9.5. I just copied and pasted this from their site.

Grade 8 Nickel Plated 3/8" socket head hardware is standard on all Spyder Locks.
Socket head? Is that the same as hex? I'll look on their site .Thanks

Oh, nice products! The bolt head is flush with the outer bead.