• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Do-it-yourself Bedliners

72BlueBronco

Are there any good do-it-yourself bedliners on the market? If so what are there and if anyone has used them, I'd like to hear how they like it!
Thanks

Also what you paid for them.

swood

Loc.
San Jose, CA
They are much much cheaper than the spray in liners like Line-X or Rhinoline, etc. But, I haven't seen any that go on nice & thick like the shop jobs. That is one advantage I'm looking forward to is hiding all the imperfections when I have mine sprayed soon.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
PO used one. Hate it. Chipping, and bubbling. And can't find the stuff he says he used. So it's going to be bastard-ized with another layer of cheap replacement. Wish I could have it blasted off and a real one put in, but no money. :'( Okay, sorry. Had to vent. I suppose that if you did it right, good metal prep and good follow through, it could be alright. Mines been in +6 years now. So it has lasted, just not very well. Plus the fact he let it sit for a year in the backyard (has hardtop) didn't help either...

yellowbilly

Loc.
Auburn, WA
I used Gator liner or something like that, it wasn't real cheap but a lot cheaper than the big boys. Mine looks great and holds up well. I went just under an 1/8" or so, I didn't want it really thick. I can find out which one I used if you want. I bought a gun and sprayed it in by the way.

swood

Loc.
San Jose, CA
[quote author=yellowbilly link=board=5;threadid=20498;start=0#msg157822 date=1059345982]
I used Gator liner or something like that, it wasn't real cheap but a lot cheaper than the big boys. Mine looks great and holds up well. I went just under an 1/8" or so, I didn't want it really thick. I can find out which one I used if you want. I bought a gun and sprayed it in by the way.
[/quote]

I'd like to know exactly what you used.

dksroland

Loc.
springfield, mo.
I used the Durabak on mine and it is holding up great for 2 years. Inside and out.
79$ a gallon for black. Up to 139$ for certain colors.
It is UV protected also. It rolls on, dabs on in the corners and hard to reach areas.
Follow the prep instructions, it'll last. Get hard headed and just slap it on, and you'll waste your time and money.
Get it from Cote L Distribution.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=swood link=board=5;threadid=20498;start=0#msg157825 date=1059347721]
[quote author=yellowbilly link=board=5;threadid=20498;start=0#msg157822 date=1059345982]
[/quote]

I'd like to know exactly what you used.
[/quote]

It is called "Gator Guard" and it is made by Dominion Sure Seal, out of Canada. It is probably the best do-it-yourself catalized bedliner on the market. It sprays on nicely w/ an undercoat/bedliner spray gun and is extremely durable. Maybe not as good as the big boys, but I can't spend all my $$$ on a bedliner.

http://www.dominionsureseal.com

yellowbilly

Loc.
Auburn, WA
Yep that's the stuff, I found the can last night. I got some over spray on the paint I had to chip each little drop off individually :mad: It's good stuff.

G

[quote author=yellowbilly link=board=5;threadid=20498;start=0#msg157989 date=1059414018]
Yep that's the stuff, I found the can last night. I got some over spray on the paint I had to chip each little drop off individually :mad: It's good stuff.
[/quote]

G

Where'd you get it yellowbilly? Mail order? Looks like what I am looking for too. Herculiner seems a little too thick and glossy maybe.

[quote author=yellowbilly link=board=5;threadid=20498;start=0#msg157989 date=1059414018]
[/quote]

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I see a Bronco Driver article here! A comparison between liners (Line-X, Rhino, Herculiner, Durabak, Gator, Zolatone). Hmmmmmm

Also, I see a mass buy here. I've been at this teardown stage of the inside of my truck for what seems and eternity! But I've been on the search for what is the most cost effective and decent liner out there. Hercie is like $80. a gallon if you look around, but not sure if this is the ticket yet with all the talk recently about alternatives I was not aware of. Gator and Durabak seem intriguing lately, but I keep going back to Zolatone too.

Here's what I'm looking for...nice durable liner (not too thick) something that looks like that hack job El Camino I bought for the wife that was Rhino over rust. What a heep! Fun birrhday present though and we drove it the summer. It had a CD player. ;D

But, ok, sorry, went off there for a bit...seriously can we get mass buy going? Swood...I know your tub is coming close...anyone else???

Gator and Durabak seem like we might be able to get some distributors interested. Herculiner might be too hard to find a small distributor who cares about us. Zolatone might be a possibility. What do ya say gang?

68beast

Loc.
Covina, Kalifornia
[quote author=72_EB link=board=5;threadid=20498;start=0#msg158187 date=1059443143]
I see a Bronco Driver article here! A comparison between liners (Line-X, Rhino, Herculiner, Durabak, Gator, Zolatone). Hmmmmmm
[/quote]

ita allready been done

I think the line-x in mine(just got it back today :D) was worth the 550$ just my $.02

swood

Loc.
San Jose, CA
Sorry but I don't think a mass buy will work for me as I plan to Line-X. I like the look of the thicker liner, not to mention it hides imperfections.

$550 ?? That's pretty cheap. 72_EB Where did you have yours done?

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Still haven't had any done. Still need to weld my floors in and then decide what to do as far as liners. I'm shopping still.

[quote author=swood link=board=5;threadid=20498;start=0#msg158337 date=1059493904]
Sorry but I don't think a mass buy will work for me as I plan to Line-X. I like the look of the thicker liner, not to mention it hides imperfections.

$550 ?? That's pretty cheap. 72_EB Where did you have yours done?
[/quote]

swood

Loc.
San Jose, CA
Oops. 68beast, you put the quote of 550 in there. I was curious where you had it done and how much of the tub (firewall to tailgate?) did you have sprayed.

Thanks.

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=BamaBronco73 link=board=5;threadid=20498;start=15#msg158453 date=1059512734]
Does Durabak have a website? Where do you order it?
[/quote]

go to www.google.com and type in Durabak and you will find their website.

67bondobronc

If someone tries to do a mass buy I would be in. Heck I want to do two trucks and the bronco.........I wonder if that would be a mass buy? ;D

Wildturkey

BANNED
Loc.
Coker, Alabama
[/quote]I almost bought some of that stuff but after reading instructions saying how hot it got and how dangerous it was..It almost said you can burst into flames if mixed wrong.I was looking for a bedliner.Not a Molotov cocktail.