• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dodged a major bullet! I'm so dumb!

barronj

Bronco Guru
Today is the first day of the Lonestar Rally in Austin (4/13-4/15, mostly pre-70's cars) and S. Congress was gonna be off the chain (it was).

I wanted to get a few things addressed before I cruised it w/ the wife tonight- last of which was the one loose rocker that was tic-tic-ticking. I wrapped up, buttoned up, cleaned up, and put the tools away. I get in to go spray the truck off @ the car wash, and I hear a dreadful sound as I start her up... It's at that moment that I realize I've left the 1/2" socket wrench on the crank bolt!

I run the mustang serpentine, and with the flex fan & my PS cooler, there's not a spare 1" between anything. Fortunately, the ratchet spun right off, and only bent the bottom cooling fins of the PS cooler... I can't imagine the carnage if I'd had the action set the opposite direction on that wrench. I would likely be high & dry for sure!

WHEW!

As for the Lonestar rally, there were hundreds of customs, mostly 30's/40's/50's, but quite a few 60's & 70's too. I was the only Bronco I spotted.

tw322

Lucky for sure. Sounds like a good time though. Glad it worked out.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I do hate them blonde moments;)as I've gotten older they seem to show up more often:(

brian72

Early Bronco Student
I had one of those moments... Used a ratchet strap to hold battery for quick test ride... Forgot to tie off the excess strap and it wound around the face then bent said can in radiator almost cut it in half. Had to call AAA to get it back home.