• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anybody have this steering wheel?

rudy16

I have been searching for one of this steering wheels does any body have on on their Bronco if so lets see a pic so I dont lose hope in the search thanks.

5187499527_acbe585beb_b.jpg

JSBX

Contributor
I have one on mine and had one on another Bronco several years ago. No pictures and I will not be home until next week to be able to take any. PM me next Thursday and I will send you the pictures.
James

JSBX

Contributor
Now that I think about it I believe these steering wheels came on some mid to late 70's model Ford trucks.

Desert Dweller

Loc.
Central WA
Also looks like the one that came on the first Fox body mustangs--'78 and up. I have one, except the spokes are black. It's on my '66 column laying in the corner of the shop.

Stroppe-Envy-77

Bronco Guru
They were offered optionally on lots of Ford products in the late '70s and early '80s. Everything from Mustangs to Pintos to F-Series and FSBs (maybe even Fairmonts and Granadas too).

I checked into them at one point, but a couple of negatives:

1. The diameter of the hub is bigger than the EB's column, so it would look like a mis-match.

2. A lot of the ones you find for sale on eBay are from Ford products that had the horn button on the end of the turn signal stalk, so there's no horn switch in the center of the wheel, just an emblem. About half the sellers admit this; others you have to inquire. One even replied with something like "Well, I'll be damned. There IS no horn switch!"

I found that ones in nice condition with functional horn button went for $200 or more. I ended up going the Grant route instead.

Desert Dweller

Loc.
Central WA
They were offered optionally on lots of Ford products in the late '70s and early '80s. Everything from Mustangs to Pintos to F-Series and FSBs (maybe even Fairmonts and Granadas too).

I checked into them at one point, but a couple of negatives:

1. The diameter of the hub is bigger than the EB's column, so it would look like a mis-match.

2. A lot of the ones you find for sale on eBay are from Ford products that had the horn button on the end of the turn signal stalk, so there's no horn switch in the center of the wheel, just an emblem. About half the sellers admit this; others you have to inquire. One even replied with something like "Well, I'll be damned. There IS no horn switch!"

I found that ones in nice condition with functional horn button went for $200 or more. I ended up going the Grant route instead.

Stroppe-envy is correct on both of those. Nice looking wheel-but..... That's why I had a horn hooked to my washer button for 15 years.

OP
OP
R

rudy16

I didnt know they would be mismatched on the hub on the bronco either way i want one for my 76 or 78 pickup or heck it would even fit on the 78 bronco. I just like the fact that it was a Ford offered steering wheel with the center cap horn is not an issue.

OP
OP
R

rudy16

I saw that one on ehay that is where the picture came from, that ebay page. The seller didnt want to work on price and that is the max price I would pay but it would have to be cherry.

Desert Dweller

Loc.
Central WA
I saw that one on ehay that is where the picture came from, that ebay page. The seller didnt want to work on price and that is the max price I would pay but it would have to be cherry.

PM me--- I have one with black spokes, and I think I know where one with the silver spokes are.

orangecrush4u

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shelter Island, NY
Mine is till off my bronco might work on it today but I have no heat in my garage and its 22 here, but I ran accross this pic on a 78 on FSB.

Attachments

• cb1.jpg
    cb1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 31

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
I have these steering wheels on three broncos. They work great - easy to see the gauge cluster. The down side is that the horn does not work on any of them. If anyone knows a way to get the horn working with this wheel chime in (other than a button mounted somewhere).

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I have one on mine, I took it off my 80 Mustang. It doesn't fit the EB column just right but I still like it.

Attachments

• IMAG0284.jpg
    IMAG0284.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 25

Desert Dweller

Loc.
Central WA
I think these are the ones you're looking for. The one on the left is from a FSB and has the horn mech. Right one is from an '80s Fox body Mustang and no horn mech.

IMG_0153.jpg