• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

does anybody know where they made this safary top

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I seem to remember a thread about a Bronco in South America, maybe Brazil, that had a very similar top. Not sure what to search for to find it but it was at least a couple years ago.

X2. That top and the bumpers look very familiar. I know there is thread on a very similar Bronco.

EDIT: Note to self - Read the entire thread before you reply.

Johnny

It's the same damn truck.... Look at the licence plate.... RG-8903

Johnny

You probably already noticed that huh.... Yeah, I'm a little slow today..

OP
OP

67 safary

Loc.
tempe, AZ
I will try to post up more pics but yeah that closes thing I found to the top is a land rover top but its not and the length and with don't match, specially where the doors fit. the back fenders are not cut and they look like they came out of the factory like that there is no fab evidence no addition or any type of weld on them does anybody know if there was some type of speciall broncos that came like this out the factory

OP
OP

67 safary

Loc.
tempe, AZ
yeah my friend I guess had posted that up for me a couple years ago I did not even know that was there and yes safari is spelled like this and yes it's the same bronco and also yes it's in Peru and yes it's my bronco and it's badass coolest rig I have (but I love my IH scouts also) and I have been working on it to restore it to 100 % which is not to far. I like it and yeah I need the windshield wipers and a back seat but with time I will get them

OP
OP

67 safary

Loc.
tempe, AZ
yeah I read that old post and there is some info there that is wrong like the vin the vin exists and its U15nla01698 and It was made in the US. the only thing odd is that it was shipped from Asia or somewhere over there before it came to peru somewhere in the late 60s and then I bought it of some old fart that had sold the axels and engine of it so then I put some temp crap on it just to hold it up but I will have a 9 inch and a 44 in the front . something else is that the dash is intact perfect condition and its the original dash and everithing elses is complete just need back seat and little odds and ends I will give more pics to dave if he would be so kind and post them thanks.

OP
OP

67 safary

Loc.
tempe, AZ
and no it is not another chassis i have compared them it's all stock bronco except for once again the back fender and the top
and yeah Look at the bronco lettering whats up with that and my side front fender signal lights seemed not to be in the stock spot but there is no bondo or any cover ups anywhere on it

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
The top is most definitely a custom-made fab top. Check out this pic of a Land Rover Defender; note the shape of the top and the distinct curve on the back to make room for the Land Rover door. Your top matches that exactly.

Attachments

• 2009_land_rover_defender_svx_12_gallery_image_large.jpg
    2009_land_rover_defender_svx_12_gallery_image_large.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 37

rsharpnm

Loc.
Las Cruces
I also notice that your 'hybrid' only has one fuel filler cap. Does it only have the small side tank, or what?