• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone have a picture of what needs to be cut for the 3 speed floor shifter

first timer

My order that includes my tunnel cover is on back order from JBG and I'd like to cut this weekend. My drivetrain is out so I can't just guestimate by looking at how it sets up.

Thanks in advance!

farnorthdan

Loc.
Eagle River, Alaska
This is what I did....
Tcaselinkagefitting.jpg

dan

redneck0372

Loc.
Lebanon,OR
start small its easy to cut more out but its a pain to put some back in i dont have any of how i cut but heres one of everything in

Attachments

• adam and jenna 500 (Custom).jpg
    adam and jenna 500 (Custom).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 48

borg

Should have added some text to the above picture. The "forward" cut (closest to the engine) is just behind the floor brace that runs across the pans and transmission tunnel. Don't cut the brace. All the other cuts were made to leave about a 1/2" lip to stiffen the edges of the hole you get.

Steve

acmefl

Loc.
Florida
Hey,
I have the Hurst instructions that show the exact cut-out but I'm having trouble posting it.
PM your email and I'll send you the PDF.
Thx
A

OP
OP
F

first timer

thanks

thanks guys! Acme I would like the instuctions, I bought mine second hand and it didn't come with'em. my email is markvc2001 at yahoo dot com.

EagertoLearn

Loc.
Harrisville
Great Job with the pictures. I have a nice tunnel if anyone wants it who cut their's out or had a previous owner cut it out. Seems like there is alot to learn here. Glad I came acrossed this site!

acmefl

Loc.
Florida
Nightmare,
Everyone has helped me so much on this site that I am thrilled to actually help someone else!
See you are from La. My Bronco spent most of it's previous life there in the oil fields according to the PO. Maybe thats one reason why I'm doing a total floor pan replacement right now!!:(
Have a good one.
A

Last edited:

borg

This is the cover that came with my shifter (Duff'S)
463765101_94sDx-M.jpg

This is what I fabbed up instead:
467453385_kjdP5-L.jpg

Not sure why the one they send out is so big...

Steve