• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone have detailed pics of this OEM stripe package?

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Unfortunately, this is the only pic I have of my 77 I'm doing a ground up resto on. I am planning on painting the original stripe back on, but I need some detailed pics showing exactly where the stripe ran along the body, especially on the hood. Post up pics or send them to me at eatpoo2@comcast.net. Measurements would also help out alot. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 77stripe.jpg
    77stripe.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
You can get a repro vinyl kit from Broncitis on here. I plan to do so when I am ready to paint the project in my garage. I think I have a couple pics, I'll look.

Attachments

• _decor1.jpg
    _decor1.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 60
  • _decor2.jpg
    _decor2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 34
  • _decor3.jpg
    _decor3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
You can get a repro vinyl kit from Broncitis on here. I plan to do so when I am ready to paint the project in my garage. I think I have a couple pics, I'll look.

Yeah, I know Drew has them, but I'm going to paint it on mainly because it will match the cream white I'm using for the hardtop/front grille/dash etc.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Yeah, I know Drew has them, but I'm going to paint it on mainly because it will match the cream white I'm using for the hardtop/front grille/dash etc.

It would cost a little more, but you could buy a set of the decals and use them to take your measurements from for painting them on.

nhopman

You might try contacting Drew to see if his vinyl guy could cut the stripes out in a paint mask vinyl and weed out the actual stripe, you would have a good mask to use when painting and it would be much easier than trying to tape out all those lines.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
How much of a rush are you??

My best friend owns a sign shop, if you can wait I can drive my Bronco to his shop, and make a set with some paint mask.

We designed the stripe on my Lightning the same way, and had another friend paint it

It may not be 100% accurate, but I bet we could get it 99% accurate. Could even customize it a little

Attachments

• NewbossStripe2.JPG
    NewbossStripe2.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 19
  • NewbossStripe3.JPG
    NewbossStripe3.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 17

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Custom can be goooooood! Nice look. Love the blue.

Paul

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Custom can be goooooood! Nice look. Love the blue.

Paul

You should see it in person, it changes like 3 shades of blue, also green, purple, orange, depends on how the light hits it.

And if some asshole with no insurance hits you, the stripe is still in a computer and can be duplicated real easy

Attachments

• newfender.JPG
    newfender.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 24

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
I talked to my friend about doing these in paint mask

Unless someone has the art work all done up it would be about 3 hours to do the art work, and then about 150-200 bucks for the material. So approx $300-350

If someone has the art work, he could do it with paint mask for about 150-200 bucks

If so my e-mail is dhco60@comcast.net

OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
I talked to my friend about doing these in paint mask

Unless someone has the art work all done up it would be about 3 hours to do the art work, and then about 150-200 bucks for the material. So approx $300-350

If someone has the art work, he could do it with paint mask for about 150-200 bucks

If so my e-mail is dhco60@comcast.net

Thanks for talking to your friend and all, but my father would probably choke me if he knew I paid that for a stencil. He's been an autobody painter for over 50 years, and has done too many custom jobs to count. I'm not saying the price is high, but the job isn't too complex. With a good set of pictures and accurate measurements, my father will be able to get it very close to OEM. I'm also not too worried about it not being 100% factory either since the color wasn't a factory option. (not to mention the million other parts I need to save my $$$ for!!)

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Thanks for talking to your friend and all, but my father would probably choke me if he knew I paid that for a stencil.

Well if your father does custom work, your right it is a simple stripe to do. Though if you want to paint a Bronco logo on the side, or something custom the paint mask is the way to go.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Unlike the Ranger stripe kits, these Special Decor Package stripes are made to order so we can offer color matching to one of hundreds of colors (if it is not a stocked color there will be a charge to purchase a partial roll of the match color). We can also make these in a cheaper masking vinyl either as a positive or negative for use as a paint template.

In addition, we can also add custom logos, text, etc into the vinyl (i.e. Bronco script, 302 CI, etc.)

Please contact for a quote on any of this custom work.

Our decals come with installation instructions that include reference dimensions for proper placement of vinyl.

The Ranger stripe kits are manufactured in batches since they have the orange pinstripes screen printed on them, so they are not as easily customized.

If interested in any of our vinyl products, please email me at drew@earlybroncos.com

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Yes, we can certainly make those as well. Having a Bronco with an original set to make the pattern from would be the best, but if anyone has one they could measure, I'm sure I could use some accurate dimensions to make them from since it it really pretty simple.

Anyone have a rig with these on it who is willing to send me a few pics and measurements?