• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone know.....on shaker intakes

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
I mentioned to Leon that this might be a problem, since we all have very different setups. Maybe we'll need to use more testers ;) Or this might be too wide range of a market to nail down

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
I am willing to cut a stock, no body lift, worn bushing truck. I am also willing to cut my 2 in body lift, new bushing truck. I am also willing to install new bushings on the stocker, if that helps any.

classic4x4s

Loc.
Zachary, LA
I have totally missed this thread...too much shop time I guess...but I have been thinking of doing this also. I have talked with a local hotrod builder about helping out, but it sounds like you guys are a little futher down the road than I am.

I am willing to cut also. As of now there is no body lift, but I am planning for a 1" to give a little more clearance for the 351W.

Leon, let me know if you want/need vendor help.

Shelton823

Havent posted here in a while but....

My opinion would be to get the scoop as high as would look good. this would allow for more applications and since most of us 351 guys already run a big scoop and like the look of it I think others would get used to it. My next question is can i use the existing hole location from my scoop or is it too large? guess i would need some dimensions for measurement.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Nothing is concrete as of right now guys. I will being doing testing for Leon once he has the first proto ready for the bronco. Its probably gonna be around 2 months before something is known. The more demand/interest, the quicker things could probably speed up.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
In 1983 when I was 16 a buddy of mine had a 69 Torino with the shaker on the 351C 4 barrel his engine would run-on after you switched it off.
One night it kept knocking and running after he cut it off, he then mashed the gas, and switched it back on, apparently the engine had stopped and began running backwards with the run-on, cause the shaker flap opend up and it sprayed a nice orage/red flame streight out the front, looked like a dragon,,, scorced the paint on his hood too.!

I never laughed so hard in all my life.

Shelton823

Shaker Hood thread back from the dead

I was looking at some old threads and realized no one was doing anything with the shaker concept we discussed here so i thought i would bring it back up to the top. I am still motivated to do this project and as i am about to put the bronco in the shop for paint and some metal work I would love to add this to the list of items to be completed. Thanks and let me know if there has been any movement on this topic.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
70-71 Torino/Ranchero Shaker is the way to go........................

Attachments

• WT4.jpg
    WT4.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 92

Action

Is there a co. that makes an after market shaker top? I would love 1 on my 73/302/2" body lift. If I had the top I think I could build the rest. Thanks for any info.
Jack

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Has anyone considered that the engine isn’t centered under the hood? It is offset to the passenger side a couple of inches. The center of the carb does not line up with the center of the hood. To pull off the shaker you would need to offset the base of the airfilter to one side so the shaker would center on the hood. That and the cost of the shaker are the 2 reasons I haven’t tried it. Height is easily fixed. They make a bunch of different height air cleaner spacers. All you need is a low profile shaker and space it up until it reaches the hood. May not be the most efficient, but the shaker isn’t for function, it’s for style.

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Ive given up on Leon, we talked for about a week when this thread was still alive, I gave him measurements and havent heard a thing back from him. Ive tried a few times since to contact him, but no luck. Bowsher you bring up a good point, I didnt think about that one at all. I could be mistaken but I was pretty sure that my air cleaner bolt hit right in the middle of my hood.

GABoy005

I sent leon an email asking how the shaker hood project was going. He has worked on it but needs some more information. I will post his email below. I can not give him the info he needs right now because the body is not on my bronco. I told him that the guys here would jump right into action.
;) :D
{Leon}
Hi Rees,
It's amazing how fast time passes when I don't want it to. I can't believe it's been that long already. I had started working on a low profile unit when I got some pics that showed that the scoop needed to be moved forward quite a bit to get it away from the back edge of the scoop. This required an adapter of sorts and at the time I couldn't come up with anything that didn't look like crap. Everything had an angled box look to it. To make matters worse I have nothing here to mock it up on. If you could tell me the distance from the carb stud to the back edge of the hood and also how far forward the scoop needs to go that would give me some more info to get going on it again. Some pics of the engine compartment, firewall and underside of the hood would help too.

thanks
Leon
LEON@FORDRAMAIR.COM

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
GABoy005 said:
I sent leon an email asking how the shaker hood project was going. He has worked on it but needs some more information. I will post his email below. I can not give him the info he needs right now because the body is not on my bronco. I told him that the guys here would jump right into action.
;) :D
{Leon}
Hi Rees,
It's amazing how fast time passes when I don't want it to. I can't believe it's been that long already. I had started working on a low profile unit when I got some pics that showed that the scoop needed to be moved forward quite a bit to get it away from the back edge of the scoop. This required an adapter of sorts and at the time I couldn't come up with anything that didn't look like crap. Everything had an angled box look to it. To make matters worse I have nothing here to mock it up on. If you could tell me the distance from the carb stud to the back edge of the hood and also how far forward the scoop needs to go that would give me some more info to get going on it again. Some pics of the engine compartment, firewall and underside of the hood would help too.

thanks
Leon
LEON@FORDRAMAIR.COM

Thanks for the update, I'll drop him a line with some measurements and pics later today. I wish he would have responded to my many emails I tried to send him, I could have helped out a looong time ago. I'm still looking forward to one of these, I think they will look nice once its all ironed out ;D

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I have the measurements but he haven't responded to my email.
I was willing to buy a top half of the shaker to play with although they are made in fiberglass I could still work with it.

I knew I shouldn't of sold my original Torino Shaker :mad:

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
I will go out & measure my beasty up this weekend & just CALL him. Hopefully he will take phone calls!

I think that a shaker on a Bronco would look DAMN COOL!!!!