• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

does anyone make a 1410 yoke for the D20???

Bones

Loc.
Michigan
AZ driveline has them for $180 per. Anywhere else cheaper?

I know my output shaft wont live long... but I'm trying to get by until I buy a Stak box.

My other option is to buy a HD output shaft kit and but a 32 spline yoke to fit that... but that is $525...

TIA

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Why?

I don't see much need for a 1410, and here's my argument why:

I'd look at a 1330 or 1350 instead, and use a conversion joint from 1310 until you can swing that Stak case. The 1330 will give you a very good operating angle range, but some of the super sexy High Angle Driveline shafts have some extreme operating angle CV's using 1350.

The only guys I see running and needing them are the leadfooted nuts that use throttle instead of finesse. They're fun to watch, but I don't envy them the repair bill after every trip.

If your goal is a 'drunkproof' rig, then they're definitely for you, but keep in mind that your operating angles are not near as much as you can get with others (unless you run a 2 piece shaft with a pillow block, but that's another can of worms altogether)

OP
OP
B

Bones

Loc.
Michigan
its a rockbuggy, not a EB. I need the 1410 for the pinion angle mainly, and the brute force

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
How bad's your angle?

Let's see some pics of this project! You holdin out on us?;D

There may be some 1410's, but the only other yoke I've seen for the D20 is a 1350, and it was a one-off from a small manufacturer, and very spendy.

If you found one used, you might could use a 1350 - 1410conversion joint until you get the new t-case.

Otherwise, you're looking at a lot of custom machining.

If it were me, I'd say that you may as well hold off on driving it, and save up for the case you really want, rather than put money into it just to throw it away in a few months.

OP
OP
B

Bones

Loc.
Michigan
but i like throwing away money ;D

I'll get pics up this weekend

fast specs

- Motor City Machines chassis
- Supercharged 3.8L Ford motor, from a 89 supercoupe, bored 30 over, ceramic coated pistons, hot cam, injectors, chip, custom FMIC, 75mm MAF, etc
- C4/D20
- HP 60 front, sterling 10.25 rear
- 4 link front rear w/ airshocks
- 39.5" boggers on H1 rims

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
Wow!

Depending on how you skin it, and all the other crap added, that could be a ~3,000 lb buggy, nice!

I'd get in touch with High Angle Drivelines, and see what Jess has to offer up for advice.

http://www.highangledriveline.com/

Tom Woods might could come up with a solution as well.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
I assume this is still a 10 spline output shaft?
Your wasting money.
But then it is your money :)
Run a normal 1350 shaft (no CV) and that should get you all the angle you need.
If you need more, run a limit strap.
When you get a 32 spline output (in your Stak) then run 1410's.

Steve

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
I assume this is still a 10 spline output shaft?
Your wasting money.
But then it is your money :)
If you need more, run a limit strap.
When you get a 32 spline output (in your Stak) then run 1410's.

Gotta agree with everything he said. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Why spend $$$ to upgrade the D20 yoke? You'll just break the output shaft, which is weak to begin with. And spending $500 or so to upgrade the output yoke on a D20 is just stupid IMO.

OP
OP
B

Bones

Loc.
Michigan

a 1350 only operates to 20 deg

a 1410 operates to 37 deg...

Jesse at high angle didn't have anything

I think I'll just spend the 525 on a HD output kit... hopefully that with make the tcase live until next summer when i can afford a stak

pics to come soon