• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does anyone run 35" tires on a daily driver?

tcb42

I've been running 35's with a NV3550 with a blown 1'st gear, 4.11's and a Detroit for nearly 3 years now. 90% on the street. I kinda wish I had gone with 4.56's though.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I run 35 12.5 BF KM2 with 4.10 didnt really notice much difference except in mileage, I gained 2mpgs on the highway

Did you recalibrate your speedo ? That sounds completely backwards and counters the physics laws involved.
Was it over geared for the 33's , where the taller 35's brought it back in check ?
A taller , heavier tire , which also creates a taller truck with even more frontal area (more like brick in this case) should not get better fuel mileage than the shorter lighter one.

GrillMaster

Bronco Guru
Did you recalibrate your speedo ? That sounds completely backwards and counters the physics laws involved.
Was it over geared for the 33's , where the taller 35's brought it back in check ?
A taller , heavier tire , which also creates a taller truck with even more frontal area (more like brick in this case) should not get better fuel mileage than the shorter lighter one.

A taller tire will sometimes give you better MPGs. Your changing the overall drive ratio to a higher gear.

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
Was running 33's with the stock 3.50's and could get up to 75mph. Now I am at 35's and 4.57's. I go anywhere from 55-60mph now.
I like the new gears and tire combo. I would say 4.27's would be a better idea for on road but the 4.57 gears off road are soooooo much better. It is worth it IMO (plus for some odd reason I am getting better gas mileage on the freeway)

And yes I DD my rig

HavaBronco

Loc.
Lake Havasu City
315/75/16 MTR's, AOD, 4.88's and a detroit in the rear. 1" body, approximately 3-3.5" suspension and Lars bars and Bilstein 7100's. Cruises on the interstate at 70 with 1 finger on the wheel. Soft around town and likes to run fast on wash board(ed) dirt and gravel roads. It would be a perfect daily driver if it had AC, cruise control, and a good stereo (all fixable issues).

Looks good too! I didnt realize it sat that hi or was running quite that tall a tire. The geometry of tire size to lift height is about perfect. :cool: No wonder I was in 4wd for like 1/2 a mile before you stopped to lock your hubs going to antelope falls.;D

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
AND I never aired down the whole weekend, or ever for that matter...;D Thanks for the compliments Chuck. I did my best to minimize height and end up with a 34-35" tire, I actually need about another inch in the front, it rubs a hair if I hit hard enough, the CITI coils are pretty soft.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've run several EBs and a '78 FSB on 35s as daily drivers for over 15 years..both rigs had 4.10 gearing as it turns out.