• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

doner ? for 351 EFI lower intake

yakelys69

351W with 289 heads that maybe hipo heads

What year/model cars have the correct intake lower for EFI. I have read fordfuelinjection.com and I interpret it as get a GT-40 intake of a 5.8 only. GT-40 intakes are on 1993-2001 Cobras and Explorers but did those have 302 or 351 or both? Any other cars? what about a crown vic I saw a busted-up 90's vic with fuel injection the other day. The full size trucks intakes are no good due to the height. correct?

Thanks ~ this is a great forum (thanks to the knowledgeable contributors and enthusiasts that make the difference)

Broncobowsher

Total hack
There are only 2 EFI lower intakes from the factory. The GT40 is only found on 1st generation lightening trucks. The other is the standard truck intake which is not compatable with any of the short car upper intakes unless you use the EFI adaptor that BC Broncos sells.

5.0 and 5.8 lowers are not interchangable. So a car (cobra, explorer, mustang, tbird, etc) flat intake will not fit the 351.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
They also can be found on the 351 Saleen Mustang cars. They pretty rare though.

ponch0v

See the BCB ad (back cover) in the latest Bronco Driver. They are coming out with an adaptor that will let you use the truck 5.8 lower manifold and the upper from the 5.0. I spoke to Chuck about it and this will be the answer to easy EFI on a 351w!!

OP
OP
yakelys69

yakelys69

Thanks thats awesome I will wait for the EFI adaptor that BC Broncos sells hopefully in December. Does anyone know how much they will cost?

Would the Full Size Bronco wire harness and computer be options?

70_Steve

Old Guy
yakelys69 said:
Thanks thats awesome I will wait for the EFI adaptor that BC Broncos sells hopefully in December. Does anyone know how much they will cost?
There's a thread running around about the adapter. I think Chuck put the cost at about $100.

OP
OP
yakelys69

yakelys69

On the aftermarket options like the upper/lower.

$100 for the adapter sounds great!

Back onto the donor car issue. Would the Full Size Bronco wire harness or mustang harness be better for rebuilding?

Thanks, Also thanks for the tip on the magazine, looks like a good one to have.

Last edited:

IPwizard

Loc.
NE Ohio
crawln68 said:
They also can be found on the 351 Saleen Mustang cars. They pretty rare though.

Also the Mustang Cobra R (1995 I think). It was only made one year and had a 351w, but with only like 1700 or so made you will probably never find an intake from this car.