• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door alignment problems, need help

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
Loosen-adjust, loosen-adjust, loosen-adjust. I don't think there is a science to it. Some of the body guys may have better advise.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I've had good luck with tight enough to hold it from moving but loose enough where you can adjust it with a little force. Get it just right and then cinch those suckers down!

BroncoMark

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Irvine CA
Take the striker off and get the doors aligned in the opening first, then align the striker to where the door will close. Don't try to do it all at once.

Rob1962

Bronco Guru
I tried to do this once... and gave up. Put the old hinges back on and am waiting to take it to a body shop.

OP
OP
B

broncobliss

Loc.
Half Moon Bay
Thanks for the advice, I think I will try the tight enough to be moved with a little force and without the striker post installed. I'll let you know how it goes.

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I will be adjusting mine soon as well. I got a set of the wild child lift off hinges for my "Cut out all the rust and put a fresh coat of paint on the Bronco" project. I recall that Bronco Driver had an article on adjusting doors some time ago. I'm not sure what issue it was but I plan to dig through my back issue before I try to replace my hinges.

bushman

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
I don't know where your problem lies, but I've heard of people having to shim different body mounts to get door alignment spot on.