• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door Alignment

CRUSTYSCALEY

Does anyone have easy step methods for aligning my doors I've been at for hours and still can't get the alignment right. <br><br>I don't think this should matter but these doors are from another bronco. I had to put a spacer between the body mount and body to open up the door opening a little.<br><br>Thanks for the help.

mramler

Loc.
Omaha, Nebraska
First remove the sriker post knob. Then adjust hinges on door post. If the hinges are worn-out or body is sagging, you have to fix these these first, or just live with misaligned doors and be thankful that they close at all. Just my experience-

jpoore

Loc.
San Jose, CA
Sounds like this may just be a Bronco thing.<br><br>My DS door is leaning down ever so slightly (enough to bug me), but the hinges don't seem to adjust in that plane. Do you have to shim the hinges?<br><br>JP

G

:)Try loosening hinge bolts(all 6) leave a little snug,<br>adjust and close door. If this don't work you can get a few washers (as needed) behind the hinge, at the door<br>post. Easiest way i found to get washers in place is to <br>use a piece of wire, short of taking the door completely off. Hope this helps you<br> Eric 8)

JuanGrande

Loc.
Davis (the republic of...) near Sacramento
Here's what I have done to get at least my driver's side door to work.<br>1) rebuild the hinge. It's not that tough and alot of the problems start with having a worn-out hinge<br>2) get some type of jack to prop up the door so that when you loosen the bolts, the door doesn't immediately drop down. The door is very heavy and a pain in the !#s to take off (and to put back on as well).<br>3) after you rebuild the hinge (there are kits available and links in the web section on how to do it) also cut some sheet metal (roughly 1/16 to 1/8 thinkness - I don't know what gauge this would be...) the same size of the hinge face and drill holes to match the bolt holes in the hinge. These will be the shims for the hinges. I cut about 4-5 of these for use on my doors. I used thin sheet metal so that I could fine tune the fit better.<br>4) when you re-install the hinge, depending on where the door is hitting the frame (or just sagging in your case), place a shim, bolt everything up and see how it works. You will probably have to play with this a bit but once you get it dialed in, the results are great.<br><br>My driver's side door works great now... I just some time to fix the passenger side now. E-mail off line if you have any other questions.<br><br>Jon

72bronco

Bronco Guru
I had problems with my passenger side door sagging and no amount of adjusting could get it right. I bought a hinge pin rebuild kit from JBG and it corrected the sagging and it closes just fine now. I only wish I had done this a few years ago.