• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door speaker wire solution

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
Dakota Digital who makes the digital dash for the Bronco also makes Magnum Shooters for the door.
Great for summer door removal without removing the speaker wire. Two up to five tabs.
http://www.dakotadigital.com

Attachments

• MGS-4.jpg
    MGS-4.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 81

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Man, That looks like a alignment nightmare. Especially on those who have the famous saggy doors.

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
I went the brand-X route; GM makes a two-pin switch for the Astro van. I bought 2 sets and have them installed in mine. Sad part is I don't have a CD player yet. :mad:

TrailDawg

Loc.
Lima, OH
Best solution I've found is to put a quick disconnect just to one side of where it passes through, then if you want to yank the doors you just disconnect the wires and tuck them back in outta site.

I'm going to allieviate the problem all together with a custom dash layout. Relocate the gauge cluster to the other side of the column, move the glovebox inboard (same as you would to clear a rollbar), then install the speakers on the ends of the dash.

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
I am assuming then, that the speakers would not work if the doors were open??? That wouldn't work for me as I like to chill at the beach with the doors open and some music playin...
I like the idea though...

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Painless sells those pigtails too. In single to 6 tab sizes. Thought about them. Yeah the speakers don't work when the doors are open. And the alignment would suck...