• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Door Speaker wiring ideas

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am putting door panles in that have speaker mounts. What are you guys doing for the speaker wires in the door. Is there a good rubber boot that you have found or how are you keeping this tidy? any pictures would be appreciated.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
WH's sells a door limiting strap with velco straps for cables. You can use it with the lift off straps and I did a Weather pack plug on the speaker wires on the door post side if doors need to come off...

ShoeSlinger

I like the old school rubber door looms (Electric-Life 4301-70-011). I have tried the velcro style door checks (not bad), the expensive braided stainless looms (look great on restomod but can get hung up), but in the end the simple rubber ones seem to work the best (and probably why used so much on OEM). And if you remove your doors at all, then I would go with the door jamb connectors (Painless Wiring 40022 Jamb Tac Door Jamb ).

OP
OP
ngsd

ngsd

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the old school rubber door looms (Electric-Life 4301-70-011). I have tried the velcro style door checks (not bad), the expensive braided stainless looms (look great on restomod but can get hung up), but in the end the simple rubber ones seem to work the best (and probably why used so much on OEM). And if you remove your doors at all, then I would go with the door jamb connectors (Painless Wiring 40022 Jamb Tac Door Jamb ).

I like this one. The doors are not coming off so this looks like a nice clean option. Thanks

Texasslim

I like this one. The doors are not coming off so this looks like a nice clean option. Thanks
In the 80s I guess old, old school we used hinge bolts with a through hole to run speaker wire. Try as I may I cannot find any today.

BGBronco

Contributor
N A S H V I L L E
Loc.
Tennessee
I am putting door panles in that have speaker mounts. What are you guys doing for the speaker wires in the door. Is there a good rubber boot that you have found or how are you keeping this tidy? any pictures would be appreciated.
Would you mind to post where you purchased them? Thx