• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DOUBLERS?...Spareparts

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Me, Robert, and Ed all have 37X14X15's. John Dixon has 36X13.50X15 which are actually a tad larger but I think the load rating is a little less if I remember correctly.

I'm hearing that Super Swampers are hard to get right now due to the main supplier going bankrupt. If you can find the set you want might be a good idea to grab them.

OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
They be TSL SX 36x12.50x17 @75 lbs each some of them radials wieght in at 0ver 90 lbs! D/C only makes up to a 35, still lookin around...mine grab a rock great they jus short!

JakeAlex

Loc.
New Albany, MS
Me, Robert, and Ed all have 37X14X15's. John Dixon has 36X13.50X15

Not trying to highjack Nyles thread but im curious what gears y'all are using... I'm about to order a set of tsl sx's (if they can still be bought) in a 36 12.5 15 or 16. I was thinking of going with 4.88's and plan on using my eb on the road, in the woods etc. With a 302 and C4, do these gears sound ok with this size tire or would 4.56s be a better fit ??

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm running 4.30, Ed has 4.56, not sure what John has, probably 4.56 but he also has NP435. With the C4 and hwy use I would do 4.56.

OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
C4 me and Jw both running 4.30's, Im turning almost 3k at 60 with 33's, 4.56 may be ok but I wouldnt go 4.88 if you want to run hwy speeds very much.

Thats the reason of this whole thread we wanna run em on the hwy and the rocks...best we figure is better/more options in the T case.

OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
BTW Jake I didnt get that axle, it was BB and does me no good as a backup should I break mine.

JakeAlex

Loc.
New Albany, MS
Understand. Well, I just called 4 wheel parts and they are 190s days back ordered on the tsl sx's... Seems every time I'm ready to pull the trigger something comes up.

JakeAlex

Loc.
New Albany, MS
BTW Jake I didnt get that axle, it was BB and does me no good as a backup should I break mine.

Not a problem. My housing should be ok I think. I'm not gonna fool with 28 axles after visiting ocbr. I'm just gonna go ahead and go to 31s just in case. I'm not locked so seems like the right thing to do and I'll get lockers for the larger axles.

The wife's not to happy with me right now. She's thinkin ocbr wasn't the best place for me to have been since I now have about 3500$ worth of parts I "need" to purchase....

OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
My wife dont care long as I pay my bills!!! Maybe should bring yours along she might like it! I spent that much before OCBR want that much more stuff now!

OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Hey tires is easy......do your gears n axles first......tires a one day affair.....and way easier to say "baby my tires are wore out than can I have these?" as in stuff she knows nothing about!

Dont guess I need to call about them sx's!

JakeAlex

Loc.
New Albany, MS
Yes the plan was to bring her and our son next year but now we have another one the way and will be too small to bring. She will come around though.

OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Yes the plan was to bring her and our son next year but now we have another one the way and will be too small to bring. She will come around though.

I dunno think we got a record holder of 10 days old now!

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ed great guide! I know he did at least one 5 think it was the gorge. Tell me bout your new tranny?

I have a 4r70w that will be delivered Monday that I am going to be putting a 205 behind for my blue half cab. I do not plan on driving it at OCBR again due to me pushing my limits and body damage is in my near future. All I wanted to run this year was 3's and then I started thinking I could do 4's, LOL. I am looking for a trail rig that I am going to put a 4.56's, c-4, 35/36's on it.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
who make em?

347 its just sheet metal, Im gonna cut the glass I think if I need to!

I really think you need to buy a second Bronco. Yours is just to pretty to let it go to the rock damage. I am guessing that your fiberglass body was not real cheap either. Oh well, maybe I am just a sissy.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
You should create simple spreadsheet of the final gear ratios in all speeds of the options you are considering. It will show you if there is any overlap and gaps.
For the record I'm running C4, j-shift Cold Duck, j-shift D20, 4.11, smallish 37s.

OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
37 12.50 17 Looks like around $330 each ouch!

I like these bad boys!!!!!

Attachments

• Rocker-LT-Radial.png
    Rocker-LT-Radial.png
    179.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
OP
OP
NYLES

NYLES

Bronco Guru
spreadsheet?????? man Im a redneck! But ill figure it out. Where I find such a gizmo?