• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Doug Thorley headers

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I have reached out to Doug Thorley about making a limited run of Doug Thorley long tube headers to fit the early bronco v8; I would have to commit to purchase at least ten sets; They would prefer 15 sets; They would have to remake the jigs; As far as cost, I am guessing it would probably be along the lines of the Duff Tuff headers which retail for $1000 for ceramic coated; If you have interest please let me know and I will start an interest list. Sales tax and shipping will apply. Hopefully they can be shipped direct without me being involved. Mark in San Diego, Beach City Broncos; 619 997-9954

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Would they be stainless or coated? I have a set of their stainless headers on my 72 suburban and the still looked great after 10+ years and no leaks. I had been bad luck with the coated headers I put on the bronco(not thorley). Within a few weeks the coating was flaking off. Also $1000 seems a bit pricey for non stainless. Would they also fit a 351w?

OP
OP
M

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Doug Thorley has not made headers for the early bronco in approximately 15 years; Fortunately I have a set of NOS thorleys that I have had on the shelf for at least 15 years which I have provided them. Beach City Broncos has agreed to cover the tooling cost to remake the bronco header jigs in exchange for exclusive distribution rights. We are now the exclusive rep for Doug Thorley for the early bronco long tube headers; All headers will be ceramic coated. Thorleys are known for their thicker flanges to help with gasket blowout, dimpled tubes making it easier to get a wrench on the header bolts, and superb fitment. When you pick up a set of Doug Thorley headers you will know it from the weight of the header. My recollection is they will fit 289 and 302 with automatic and standard transmission. I also believe they will fit on 351W with auto but not standard transmission; Details to follow. Mark in San Diego, Beach City Broncos.

m_m70

Contributor
Loc.
Pacifica, CA
I love my LnL long tubes!! Nickel plated and look exactly like they did 12 years ago when I put them on.

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had Doug Thorley fenderwell exit headers on mine when I bought it in '99. They were rusted so thin I would want a stainless version if I had to do that again.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
I still have the box my headers came in, from 1987.

Mark

Attachments

• 874EDB1B-02F4-428B-AB5C-D85B779F380F.jpg
    874EDB1B-02F4-428B-AB5C-D85B779F380F.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 23