• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DrBronco69's Super New Crawler Build Thread

joe

Bronco Guru
Took the truggy out for the first time for an extended ride yesterday in the snow. Picked my son up from school in it. Needless to say.....he was stoked. Truck runs and handles great. I need to reclock my transfer case because the front driveshaft is rubbing on the left lower link bracket at the frame. Good times!:cool:

Getting ready for Bama Brawl, see ya soon!

Nice! :cool:

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Took the truggy out for the first time for an extended ride yesterday in the snow. Picked my son up from school in it. Needless to say.....he was stoked. Truck runs and handles great. I need to reclock my transfer case because the front driveshaft is rubbing on the left lower link bracket at the frame. Good times!:cool:

Getting ready for Bama Brawl, see ya soon!

I'd be stoked as well if my dad picked me up from school in something like that back in the day.

Truck looks AWESOME!!!

OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Thanks for all the compliments everyone. Mazzy is ready to hit the trails and so am I. Reclocked my Atlas tonight to get the driveshaft off the link bracket. Ready to roll.

72_EB

66to77
Cool. :cool:
Snow testing down Elston tonight, Mikey? Gotta make sure that C4 hits all the gears. ;)

OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Cool. :cool:
Snow testing down Elston tonight, Mikey? Gotta make sure that C4 hits all the gears. ;)

Too much salt on the roads.

Very cool Mike. Is it still street legal?

Uhhhh.......Not in Illinois for sure. :-X Maybe in Montana or South America or Iceland or something??? I'm still gonna drive it short distances from time to time as it will still have plates and tags.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Too much salt on the roads.

Uhhhh.......Not in Illinois for sure. :-X Maybe in Montana or South America or Iceland or something??? I'm still gonna drive it short distances from time to time as it will still have plates and tags.

Make some removable fenders like Pewe did for the ultimate adventure taco.

OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Well everyone, the truck is completed and I am taking the 10 1/2 hour ride down to Bama Brawl for its virgin run. The weather hasnt been too good to get some photos of the completed product but promise to post up some good ones once we get to Alabama. Thanks for all the compliments along the way. I hope she performs as good as she looks. Wish me luck! Bama gang, see ya soon. Mike

I want to throw a huge thanks to Ron, Mike, Cris and the rest of my Wisconsin crew that helped out with getting the roller assembled up in Jefferson. Thanks for the support, hospitality and friendships we made. Couldnt have done it without you guys.

And a big thanks to my buddies here in and around Chicago that came by with moral support and beer drinking which brought on some good and bad ideas along the way.

Last but not least......my beautiful and supportive wife Lisa for dealing with this 4 year project. Thanks!

Last edited:

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
IMG_4709_zps4f999a3a.jpg

Glad she's up and going brother!

OP
OP
DRBRONCO69

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
Sweet build Micheal!

Thanks Mad!

Kurt, it was a blast, great people and good times, minus all the rain and mud flying. Long drive but worth it. We left 12 hours early to avoid the big snowstorm in Central Illinois and drove straight thru to Sunday AM. Slept all day yesterday.

Paul, my camera and phone were dead all weekend. Hopefully some pics show up from other members as that's about all I have.

I have some bugs to work out on the suspension. Thanks to Joe Greene for the Nitrogen charge and everyone's input on my coilover issues. I'll try to get it all straightened out for the next ride.

- Mike