• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Driver Side Brake Light Out

ND76Bronco

Loc.
Shawnee Mission, KS
I have a 76 and the driver side brake light and rear turn signal do not work. I have tried replacing the bulb, however this did not work. I know that the next step is replacing the actual turn signal switch in the column. Does anyone know how to do this. Any pointers are greatly appreciated.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Check the wiring plug between under the column, I had a loose wire there that causes this to happen.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Have you checked the contacts & ground in the socket? It's not unusual to have a little corrosion show up in there over the years. I just got all of my my exterior lights working (Only the front parking lights worked at first), & all of the problems were either bad lamps or contact issues. It's worth checking.

68ford

Bronco Guru
you have a problem most likely from the turn signal switch back to the left rear bulb. step on the brakes and see if you have 3 wires total at the column connector area with 12 volts present. i is brake signal going up the column and the other 2 are going to the rear of your truck. that rules out a turn signal switch issue and means its simple wiring/bulb/ground issue.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Another piece of info is that the hazards stop flashing when I hit the break. i don't know if this is normal or a symptom of the problem.

That's normal.

Need to check for voltage on left side wire between column and rear lights with brake on. Early years was green-orange late years was yellow-black. No voltage means problem is closer to column.