• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Driver's Side Brake light not working

countrypyhysician

Loc.
Florence, Alabama
I have a 1974 Bronco. Stock wiring. the driver's side brake light does not work. The passenger side is fine. On the driver's side all other lights work. The reverse light, the parking lights, the driving lights, and the blinker all work. I have a weight on the brake pedal and I am gertting 12V coming out of the brake pedal switch on both wires. With the brake pedal still pushed, I have no voltage though on the brown wire running from the driver's side brake light all the way back to where it runs back in the firewall to the dash. Any help would be appreciated.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, as Viperwolf1 said.
It’s the only common denominator. The fact that your turn signals (and hopefully the hazards?) work on both sides, means that everything from the firewall rearward is intact and working.
Wires, sockets, bulbs, everything. The only thing remaining would be either the hazard switch or the turn signal switch.
And usually the hazard switch wouldn’t cause this kind of issue I wouldn’t think.