• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Driveshaft angles exposed

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have seen that demonstrator before, but the sprockets and old credit card do explain it a lot better then the strobe light.

Now where is the one with a double cardon CV?

OP
OP
swyman

swyman

Loc.
Blissfield
Guess I'll have to check that one out too! Didn't think of looking for one of those but I guess it would be more relevant considering I have them on front and rear of my Bronco!

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
Interesting video.

Makes you really wonder why we all shim our rear-end a few degrees upward. According to this, the rear yoke should be on the same plane as the rear output shaft of the TC.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Interesting video.

Makes you really wonder why we all shim our rear-end a few degrees upward. According to this, the rear yoke should be on the same plane as the rear output shaft of the TC.

Not with a double-cardan at one end! ;)

And "we" do not shim the rear to be a "few degrees upward". Correctly done, the dif yoke should be almost perfectly in line with the driveshaft, approximately one-degree lower than that. The angle of the dif relative to "earth", is of not what is of concern.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
^ I didn't even think about the double-cardan, obviously that changes things...