• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Dual band radios

kshinnall

Hate to sound like a noob, but what is everyone using for trial riding radios in groups? Looking at a dual band Baofeng.
Upon reading several reviews on several different models, its hard to decide on which one to get. Looking for advice before I buy one.
Pros and cons, ease of use (I've never owned one, so it needs to be idiot proof), programming (lost on why this has to be done, there's the noob coming out.....), sound clarity, range, etc.

Thanks!!

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I still use a peaked and tuned CB that "might" have an amplifier....lol...

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
I'm not an expert and have only read a little but if you get an APRS-enabled ham radio, you can send text and email from it.

OP
OP
kshinnall

kshinnall

Do a search, couple thread started recently on that subject.

here's one
http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280092&highlight=CB+Radio

Go vote daily BOTTOM of Page
http://top4x4sites.com/cgi-bin/arp/rankem.cgi?id=oldford

I have done several searches on here and other sites. Been reading so much I'm pretty dang confused by all of it. Just wanting advice on what people are using and have experiences with before I buy one, if I buy one....
Might even call my dad and see if he still has his midland CB from back when he was truck driving in the 80's ;D